Facility Manager Resume Sample
Peter B. Walton
Address: 7878 Lyndon Avenue, Trenton, NJ
Phone: (609) 747 6968
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Facility Manager; Booker Financial Services Corporation, Trenton, NJ
Certified Facility Manager (CFM) under the IFMA with 10 years experience seeks to establish a career as the new Facility Manager of Williams Logistics Corporation. Among my key attributes are having strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication, and exceptional management and leadership abilities.
- Certified Facility Manager by IFMA.
- 10 years experience as Facility Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Facilities Management – Thomas Edison State University
- Knowledgeable in the following Facility Management software: UpKeep, Bitrix-24, and ServiceNow Facility Management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work and motivate people.
- Great leadership abilities.
Facility Manager; 2016 to Present
Booker Financial Services; Trenton, NJ.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all activities related to occupancy, construction, relocation, and renovation of the company’s buildings, offices, agencies, and other designated facilities.
- Prepares and reviews cost estimates; conducts meetings with contractors prior to and during construction.
- Monitors and tightly manages expenditures and approves the release of payments for procured goods and services.
- Prepares workforce schedule of all skilled workers who are assigned to the facility.
- Provides assistance in the review and planning of proposed areas/space per facility.
- Collaborates with architects and other consultants on all structural and design alterations on designated projects.
- Conducts site visits and prepares written reports on their progress, status, and level of development.
Facility Manager; 2016 to 2016
Rider University; Lawrenceville, NJ.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinated all aspects of facilities maintenance including repairs, custodial, and grounds activities.
- Assisted in maintaining energy efficiency by coordinating with the University’s energy management team on the proper implementation of power saving policies.
- Designed and implemented programs for continuous improvement in facilities management, service quality as well as the efficient management of resources.
- Monitored and scheduled the servicing and maintenance of HVAC, lighting, and other systems.
- Conducted studies and forwarded recommendations on efficient space allocation to the University.
Facilities Manager; 2016 to 2016
Harmon Logistics; Trenton, NJ.
- Supervised plant employees; assisted HR in the hiring, evaluation, testing, and selection of facility personnel.
- Worked as a liaison to Plant Manager and the Offsite Building Manager.
- Designed, implemented, and managed all details involved in remodeling and renovation projects.
- Prepared and completed the annual space survey; collaborated with plant managers and officers to ensure all spaces are accurately categorized and represented.
- Prepared and coordinated all periodic reports on unit operations and facility costs.
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor Degree – Facilities Management
2016 to 2017
Trenton Central High School
1997 to 2016
- Certified Facility Manager – International Facilities Management Association; 2015
- Status: Married with 2 children
- Date of Birth: 21 March 1984
- Hobbies include cross country, cooking, and painting
Facility Manager Skills List
Does your Facility Manager skills list show you can manage many tasks? Being organized is a big part of the job. Managing a facility is not easy. You will attend to so many areas. Companies are very selective in their choice of Facility Manager.
What skills should be seen in your Facility Manager resume?
- Education. Take up a course in Facilities Management. There are schools that offer this program for their students. Facilities Management covers a broad area of disciplines.Among these are architecture, human resources, accounting, and contracts. If not, take up a course related to the job. Related courses include Business Management, Economics, and Accounting.
- Certification. You don’t have to be certified. However, it will give a big boost to your chances. Plus, it will open more opportunities. The type of certification will depend on the industry.In our sample resume for Facility Manager, the certification is from IFMA. If you are in healthcare, you need certification called CHFM. This stands for Certified Healthcare Facility Manager.In education, it is the CEFM or Certified Educational Facility Manager program.
- Knowledge in Computers. Everything is automated. Nearly all, if not all, processes are run by computers. There are specific software programs for Facility Management.These programs have features that will help you run the building more efficiently. The programs you need to learn will depend on the type of industry.
- Problem Solving Skills. When you are responsible for different areas, you will encounter different types of problems. You should be well-equipped to solve them.There could be issues with personnel or building operations. Your budget for managing different departments could be compromised.It is also possible that you will be asked to manage other properties of the company. You need to be well-versed in all the areas of the organization.
- Communication Skills. As the Facility Manager, you will always be interacting with people. It could personnel, contractors, or suppliers. Having excellent communication skills is important to make sure there is no misunderstanding.Within a facility, the sum of the whole is more important than its parts. Everyone must be on the same page. Communication must be clear, concise, and go through the proper channels.
Facility Manager Resume Objective
The basis for your Facility Manager resume objective should be the job post. It contains all the requirements needed for the job. Read it carefully and take down all of its important details.
In our sample resume objective for Facility Manager, we began by stating Peter’s certification as a CFM. Not all jobs will require the candidate to have certification. However, whether required or not, certification will be an advantage.
Second, we emphasized the 10-year experience. This level of experience is quite extensive for a Facility Manager. Take note that most certification exams will require a minimum of 2 years experience for the applicant.
Lastly, do not forget to share your best soft skills or attributes. As mentioned, this job involves a lot of human interaction. Many companies will not just look for the best candidate. They will also look for the candidate who can best fit into their culture.
Facility Manager Resume Format
The chronological type is the best one you can use for your Facility Manager resume format. It will allow you to go into complete detail about your work experience.
For recruiters, the chronological will make their job easier. Your resume will be more organized. The recruiter will be able to assess your skill level right away. With the chronological, you start off with your current experience then move back to your earliest, but relevant employment. The chronological should be applied to education and certification as well.
As for its structure, follow our sample resume template for a Facility Manager:
- Contact Information
- Objective Statement
- Work Experience
- Personal Information
If you are certified, you may place this section before Work Experience to give it more emphasis.
Entry Level Facility Manager Resume
If you have an entry-level Facility Manager resume, you should have experience with related work. For example, it would help if you were a Warehouse Manager. An Office Manager may be accepted. However, experience in a wide-scale, more expansive organization is preferred.
Here are 4 tips for you to consider if you have an entry-level Facility Manager resume:
- Apply to job posts that do not require experience.
- Go for volunteer work.
- Apply for an apprenticeship program.
- Add to your relevant skills.
In many cases, the company will hire internally. If you are working in a facility but in another capacity, learn the job as you go along. Some companies offer OJT or On- the- Job- Training for key managerial positions.
Facility Manager Resume Writing Tips
Now that you’ve gotten to this point, take some time to read our Facility Manager resume writing tips. We want to make sure you can be confident with your resume before submitting it.
- Focus on Variety – At the start of this article, we said a Facility Manager wears a lot of hats. Show off these hats to the recruiter. Let him/her know what skills you possess. Give details on what you can do for the company.
- Use the Right Verbs – The right verb will create the most powerful image in the mind of the recruiter. We used appropriate verbs such as supervised, performed, conducted, coordinated, planned, and collaborated. These verbs are all relevant to the job of a Facility Manager.
Before sending out your resume, review it until you are sure there are no mistakes. Check for errors in grammar, spelling, and information. If you are applying to multiple companies, send a different resume.
Explore Resume Samples From Other Industries
Table Of Contents