Business Development Manager Resume Sample
Steven A. Aronis
Address: 40 Willow Oak, Branson, MO
Phone: (417) 654 8741
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Business Development Manager; Traxxion Lighting Technologies, Branson, MO
Results-driven, highly-accomplished, and focused Business Development Manager with 10 years experience charting growth paths for various companies seeks to assume the position for Telectronics Incorporated. I have an MBA from Columbia University and a degree in Business Administration from Missouri State University. My core competencies in the area of business development include Sales/Marketing, Network Security, Budget Planning, Strategy Design/Implementation, and Relationship Management. My 3 non-negotiable soft skills include leadership, dedication, and discipline.
- 10 years experience as Business Development Manager
- MBA; Columbia University
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration; Missouri State University
- Certification – Network Security; Stanford School of Engineering
- Knowledgeable in the following software programs: MS Office, Asana (Project Management), Salesforce.com (Marketing/Sales), QuickBooks Pro (Accounting), and JumpCloud DAAS (network security).
- Highly-accomplished; ability to contribute to the company’s objectives and attain established targets.
- Results-driven; consistently delivers and exceeds expectations.
- Focused; ability to enhance performance even under high-pressure situations.
Business Development Manager; 2020 to Present
Traxxion Lighting Technologies; Branson, MO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Presents and promotes the Traxxion brand; creates new avenues for revenue growth using both direct and indirect channels.
- Establishes and develops long-term and mutually beneficial strategic relationships with companies for the purpose of creating strong partnerships.
- Strengthens and improves upon relationships with existing clients and customers, including suppliers, vendors, and other members of the company’s value chain.
- Fosters strong and stable business relationships with high-value entities in the industry such as lighting control integrators, installers, contractors, engineers, architects, and interior designers.
- Collaborates closely with marketing and product development teams; the purpose is to create a campaign path for the marketing strategy that is strongly aligned with the key selling points and attributes of the company’s new products.
- Works closely with the Accounting and Finance groups to discuss the proposed budget; provides inputs to both groups for the purpose of determining the amount of capitalization to be allocated for specific growth-centered projects and proposals.
- Traxxion started out with only 15 clients in 2015. Presently, the company provides lighting products to 450 clients including hotels, offices, warehouses, restaurants, and hospitals.
- Average growth in annual revenues for Traxxion was 1,179% from 2016 to 2017.
- Traxxion increased profitability levels by an average of 54% every year since 2016.
Business Development Manager; 2017 to 2020
Vortex Telecommunications; Branson, MO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managed the mobile and landline subscriptions of Vortex Telecommunications.
- Designed the Customer Service Portal for Vortex; ensured integrity and security of the network as well as ease and convenience of use, fast transmission of data, and quick turnaround time for all cascaded issues.
- Established third-party outsourcing arrangements with qualified service providers from the Philippines and India. The arrangements outlined the conditions regarding the delegation of telemarketing, customer service, and technical support to the Philippines and IT support and back-office support to India.
- Planned, designed, implemented, and managed the installation of cell sites and the construction of underground landlines in key strategic cities throughout Missouri.
- Vortex Technologies increased its market share in the mobile subscription market from 7% in 2015 to 34% in 2016.
- Gross revenues of Vortex grew by an average of 24% every year from 2015 to 2016.
- Customer service ratings for Vortex Technologies increased from “B” in 2016 to “A” in 2016.
- Vortex was cited as “Best Managed Telecommunications Company” in 2015.
Business Development Manager; 2015 to 2017
Alpha Star Contact Center Solutions; Branson, MO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Alpha Star Contact Center Solutions was a startup outsourcing services provider in 2016; I was hired specifically to procure clients for the company.
- Recruited, evaluated, selected, and trained Digital Marketing team for Alpha Star. The purpose of the Digital Marketing team was to enhance the company’s online presence, open service provider accounts in a strategic website, and build the company’s professional network. The team was composed of a Digital Marketer, an SEO professional, a content writer, and a graphic designer.
- Represented the company in various industry roadshow presentations, trade forums, and networking events.
- Prepared and distributed business proposals to pre-qualified prospects.
- Met directly with potential clients; presided over meetings.
- Prepared, reviewed, discussed, negotiated, and finalized contracts with clients.
- Alpha Star Contact Center Solutions secured 40 key accounts in 2016.
- In 2015, Alpha Star had a total of 240 key accounts.
New York City, NY
2012 to 2015
Missouri State University
2008 to 2012
Branson High School
2004 to 2008
Business Development Manager Skills List
What are employers looking for in a Business Development skills list? It would depend on the industry. However, there are basic skills that should be in your resume.
Having a college degree is a must. It takes years of experience to become an effective BDM. Building a strong foundation in business is very important. You’ll be hard pressed to find a job post that will not require a minimum 4-year college education. Ideally, it should be a business-related course. In our sample resume for BDM, Steven is a graduate of Business Administration. Other acceptable degrees are Economics and Accounting.For higher-paying jobs, a Master’s Degree may be required. It may be expensive to enroll in an MBA. However, a job that pays $150,000 per year will certainly be worth it.
You don’t have to be certified to become a BDM. It will be to your advantage if you carry certain licenses. For example, accounting is a key hard skill. You need the ability to analyze Financial Statements (FS). Remember, knowing the numbers is important for designing development strategies. It will be a big plus if you are a CPA. As a Certified Public Accountant, you can do tax audits. Also, you can prepare the FS.
One of the core skills for a BDM. You need to generate revenue for the business. Marketing and sales are often mentioned in the same breath. However, they are different. You must know how to market and promote the business and its brand. In marketing, you create channels for revenues. Sales refer to the ability to convert interest into paying customers.
- Human Resources
A BDM knows how to build relationships. He/she works to get the best people to handle the key tasks. The BDM strives to foster strong relationships with suppliers and creditors. Growing the value chain is important for developing the business. You will have to branch out and develop the company’s network. Thus, having great interpersonal skills is also a must.
- Business Acumen
To grow a business, you must understand business. Having a college degree is great. However, a good BDM goes out of his/her way to learn more about business. Keep yourself updated with industry developments. Research on trends. Find out the current conditions in the economy. Read up on the competition.
Business Development Manager Resume Objective
Use your Business Development Manager resume objective to converse with the recruiter. State why you should be hired for the position.
The first thing you need to do is to check the job post. Find out the requirements. Companies have different needs for the BDM. In our sample resume objective for a BDM, we set up Steven’s achievements. We did this by stating 3 key attributes:
- Highly- accomplished
These attributes will set up the achievements detailed in his work experience. We also emphasized his 10-year tenure. Lastly, we mentioned his relevant hard skills:
- MBA degree from Columbia
- College degree
- Core competencies
The objective statement should be short and to the point. If all the details are there, it could land you the job interview.
Business Development Manager Resume Format
Companies will surely look at your experience. Therefore, use the chronological for your Business Development Manager resume format. The chronological should be applied to your work experience and education.
When using this format, start from your latest experience. Before writing down the details, review the job post. Identify tasks and achievements which are relevant to the job requirements. Work your way back to the earliest relevant experience.
How should you set up your resume? Follow our sample resume template for a BDM:
- Contact Information
- Objective Statement
- Work Experience
- Personal Information
Entry Level Business Development Manager Resume
Even if you have an entry-level Business Development Manager resume, you have a shot at the job.
The key is to highlight the experiences in your current job which are relevant to the job description.
For example, if the job requires the BDM to develop the company’s brand and the number of outlets, identify your strengths in marketing and networking. Pinpoint achievements that showed you helped your current company grow in terms of revenues.
Business Development Manager Resume Writing Tips
Don’t send out your BDM resume unless you are 100% of its content. Read our Business Development Manager resume writing tips.
- Mistakes are a Red Flag – Spelling and Grammatical errors are not acceptable. Mistakes as these show you are careless. Review your resume as often as possible. Make sure there are no mistakes.
- Validate Your Claims – The best way to validate success? With numbers! Always include numbers when citing achievements.
Take your time when writing your BDM resume. This is a high-paying job with great benefits. Don’t be careless. If you’re lacking ideas, just read our Business Development Manager resume sample.