Home Delivery Resume Sample
Nathan S. Frisch
Address: 516 N Michigan Avenue, Manton, MI 49663
Phone: (231) 824-3060
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Package Delivery Driver at UPS
To be a part of one of the largest delivery and logistics firms in the state and to learn more about the home delivery business and industry to broaden my experience and grow professionally.
- Dedicated and hardworking
- Knowledge of practical physics, which allows for efficient movement and lifting of delivery items
- Ability to work under pressure and through long hours
- Outgoing and personable
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word
- A great team player
- Good communication skills
- A great eye for details
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Good at handling different kinds of people
- Ability to multitask
- Goal-oriented and well-organized
- Ability to lift heavy boxes
- Ability to work even in harsh weather conditions
- Proficiency in using GPS equipment
- Good memory skills
Package Delivery Driver (Part-time), 2017-present
UPS, Traverse City, MI
- Handle packages and deliver these to homes and offices quickly; write down these packages in a log sheet for reporting; get signatures of the addressees
- Pick up documents or other packages from clients in different locations; load these to the vehicle; and write them down in a log sheet
- Operate a vehicle equipped with a standard transmission in a safe manner at all times
- Keep the vehicle clean in and out; and report to the manager or supervisor if there is any maintenance problem
- Comply with the company guidelines in terms of security, appearance guidelines, and company-provided uniform
- Create delivery reports and other documents required for appraisal
- Work closely with shipping and receiving unit for a smooth delivery process
- Participate in team meetings and other workshops conducted and arranged by the company
- Do other tasks related to delivery and pick-up of documents and packages.
Fedex, Detroit, MI
- Kept track of daily shipping manifests
- Prepared routes for next day deliveries
- Organized weekly team meetings
- Delivered high-priced items
- Filed weekly reports for lost items
Delivery Boy, 2015-2017
Domino’s Pizza, Manton, MI
- Delivered pizza orders within a fixed period of time
- Produced the bill to the customer and collected the payment
- Handed over collected payment to the store manager
- Studied the fastest ways in getting around the city
- Explained offers and processes of the store to the customers
- Ran errands and did other tasks assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Manton High School
High School Diploma
- Home Delivery Program
- Logistics Training Course
- Freight Transport
- Civil Status: Married, with one child
- Date of Birth: October 16, 1985
- Interests: camping, fishing, tennis, weightlifting, boxing, bowling
Advice for Your Home Delivery Job Interview
To get a better shot at being selected from among platoons of applicants, you will need to invest your time and effort in preparing for the job interview. Here are some tips designed to help you go through the job interview process well enough to make a wonderful and lasting impression:
Come to the Interview on Time
Since you are applying for a job that requires a strong commitment to being punctual, you should set off on the right foot by being on time for the interview appointment. Arriving on time is one of the best strategies to show great courtesy to your interviewer and respect for the company’s time and resources. Make ample allowance for traffic jams and other unexpected events. If you are not familiar with the route to the venue, then map it out ahead of time to avoid getting lost and wasting valuable time on the day of the interview. It would even be better if you plan to arrive a few minutes early; this will give you a chance to recheck your appearance and compose yourself.
It is vital for you to look your best on your interview day. Set your worries aside. As long as you bring wisdom and practicality with you on the shopping trip, investing on a decent dress shirt and pants need not rob you of your life savings. You could even limit your search to your own closets for suitable alternatives. What is most important is you keep your look neat and presentable. Also, remember to take good care of your health; looking good won’t matter much if you spend the whole interview sneezing and/or coughing in your interviewer’s face.
Research and Rehearse
Apart from keeping in mind all the aspects of your job, try to expand your knowledge on the industry. Conduct your own research about the best practices and current trends in home delivery jobs, particularly in relation to the products that the company distributes. The interviewer may ask you a thing or two about these to gauge your interest in and passion for the industry you will be working in.
Days before the interview, encourage your brain cells to think up great responses to the typical interview questions that may be asked. Once you have thought of the winning answers, write them down, and decide on the best way to deliver them. Here are some of the questions that the interviewer may ask:
- Why should we hire you from among many applicants? What sets you apart from your peers?
- What part of your work challenges you the most?
- Did you ever handle a package that was reported lost? What did you do?
- Did you ever lose a package that was worth more than $10,000?
- Which component of your work are you most proud of?
- How do you handle demanding and difficult customers?
- Do you have work limitations regarding traveling to or being assigned in other places?
- What are your future plans?
Ask Your Own Questions
If you are given the chance to ask questions, do so politely. You may concentrate on several business-related issues first, like work schedules and company policies. You can ask about compensation packages later – when you are already at the final stage of the selection process.
Improve Your Resume
Thanks to your well-organized and flawless home delivery job resume, it is possible to impress your future employer even before setting foot in the interview room. So how do you create such a resume? Take inspiration from various home delivery resume examples available on this website. Emphasize your strongest attributes, and provide clear objectives. Aim for comprehensiveness, but try to be brief in your wordings. Any reader is sure to be bored by a very long narrative of what you have been doing.
Inquire on the progress of your application, but exercise utmost politeness in making calls. Make it brief so that people won’t get annoyed. Also, don’t forget to thank the company for the opportunity to interview.