Are you creative? Can you provide solutions that will make life and work easier? This is a job that’s very much in demand. It is also very competitive. You need a Developer resume that will get the recruiter’s attention right away.
You may have the IT skills but we have the resume writing skills. We find solutions to fix problems to your job search. No need to look further. We have created a Developer resume sample to meet your needs.
Think of your resume like programming code. It needs the right language. Every section should stand out. This means having the right content. From contact information down to personal information. We made sure it all works together.
Developer Resume Sample
Lewis D. Coleman
Address: 77485 Longwood Drive, Farmington Hills, MI
Phone: (248) 743 2469
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Software Developer; Matrix Software Solutions; Farmington Hills, MI
Microsoft/ Java/ Oracle certified software developer with more than 8 years experience in designing software solutions, setting up effective networks, and managing vital databases is seeking to land the position of Senior Software Developer for Future-Verse Technology Solutions. As a former proprietor of a web design and development business, I have an excellent understanding of technology’s role in developing enterprises.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
- Certified – Microsoft, Java, and Oracle.
- 8+ years experience as Software Developer.
- Knowledgeable on key areas of business development.
- Team oriented; works effectively with other people.
- Results and goal oriented.
- Excellent ability to analyze and breakdown situations.
Software Developer; 2015 to Present
Matrix Software Solutions; Farmington Hills, MI.
- Designs, develops, tests, and implements solutions to support the business goals and objectives of the company’s clientele.
- Collaborates with the company’s development team; communicates business analytics for the team to fully understand the requirements, objectives, and goals of the client.
- Analyzes requirements and data models then translate them into applications and architecture.
- Conducts design and reviews code with the software development team to make sure the code meets the client’s prescribed guidelines and standards.
- Tracks, resolves, and documents testing; moves to quickly resolve system defects.
Program Developer, 2012 to 2015
Prime Inno-Tech, LLC; Farmington Hills, MI.
- Conducted feasibility studies; analyzed requirements of clients for the design of software programs and app solutions.
- Created, distributed, and discussed detailed programming specifications with the software development team.
- Wrote and modified code needed for complex software development programs, components, or applications.
- Provided input and advice to the software development team for the purpose of maintaining programming best practices.
- Oriented and trained team members on new technologies and tools needed to design and develop proprietary software.
IT Manager, 2010 to 2012
Tech-Global Contact Center Solutions, Detroit, MI.
- Designed, implemented, and managed networking system per client of the company for the purpose of ensuring integrity and security of proprietary frameworks and processes.
- Organized, authorized, and monitored access to client networking systems.
- Addressed all issues, potential threats, and perceived attacks to the system; initiated disaster-recovery protocols.
- Assisted Dialler Manager in running, maintaining and operating proprietary predictive dialler licenses per seat per client.
- Prepared and documented performance reports for distribution to all Project Managers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Wayne State University
Farmington Hills, MI
2002 to 2006
Harrison High School
Farmington Hills, MI
1998 to 2002
- Java – Michigan Computer Training; 2009
- Microsoft – Michigan Computer Training; 2008
- Oracle – Microsoft Computer Training; 2008
- Status: Single
- Date of Birth: 20 August 1987
- Hobbies include soccer, weight training.
Developer Skills List
It’s a high-tech world we live in! Everything can be done in the palm of your hand. Developers find solutions for everything. Need a cab? There’s an app for that. How about an open parking space? You can download an app for that too. Developers are in high demand. What should the recruiter see in your Developer skills list?
- Education. This is a technical job, yes. However, those with only a high school diploma have done very well. Like that Bill Gates guy. Mark Zuckerberg didn’t finish college. He seems to be doing well.Still, Gates is an exception more than the rule. It would be better to get a 4-year degree in IT. Computer Science is a good course to take. An Associate Degree will likewise be fine. Make sure you have the basics of IT down.
- Certification. To get ahead, get certified. Which course should you take? Read job posts. Find out which programs are in demand. Java? Microsoft? Oracle? Why not all 3? This is what we showed in our sample resume for Developer.Adding certifications to your IT degree is a great combination. Companies will be interested. They don’t have to spend much training time on you. An investment in certification will help you get the job.
- Great Business Acumen. To know what business needs, you must know the business. Companies use software to make things run smoothly. It will be easier to design solutions if you know what business wants.A degree in business plus certification in computer courses will work great. In our resume objective example for Developer resume, we disclosed Lewis used to own a web design business.
We stated that it gave him a better understanding of how business works. This will be seen as an advantage by recruiters.
- Excellent Ability to Analyze. Developers find solutions. A client goes to you with a set of problems. You should have the ability to analyze it and break it down. This is how you arrive at solutions.In addition to understanding business, you must be well-read. Research is a big plus. Also, the ability to communicate. You must be able to translate solutions. The client must know what you are proposing.
- Creativity. Technical work is usually tightly structured. Rules cannot be broken. However, developers need to be creative. Sometimes, revisions have to be made.You need to think outside the box. Push beyond the comfort zone for solutions. Proprietary software has to be unique to your client’s needs.
Developer Resume Objective
As a Developer, you look for solutions for complex problems. This should not include your Developer resume objective. Recruiters want it short and to the point.
How to start? Rather, where to start? Read the job post. Companies know what they want. They have existing systems. So they know what the job needs. In our sample resume objective for Developer, we led off with Lewis’ certifications. If the skill is there, that’s one foot inside the door.
Highlight your experience next. 2 years is good. 5 years is better. Lewis has 8 years. Tenure goes hand-in-hand with expertise. The longer the tenure the better. Don’t forget to state your objective. Lewis declared his intent to become the new Senior Software Developer.
We mentioned this earlier. Lewis disclosed his years as a business owner. This is smart because it shows Lewis knows what it’s like to be on the other side. It also tells the company Lewis can work with clients.
Keep your objective statement short. It should not be more than 4 sentences long.
Developer Resume Format
Functional or reverse chronological? You can do either for your Developer resume format. In our sample template for Developer resume we went with the reverse chronological.
Why? We decided to highlight Lewis’ tenure. 8 years is impressive. He also didn’t have gaps. Of course, his skill set is complete. Recruiters will notice that on their own.
With this format, you focus on experience. How to start? Lead off with the most recent entry. From there, work your way back. However, only include relevant details. If Lewis was an insurance salesman, there’s no value for that detail in the resume.
Place work experience in the middle section. This allows the other sections to support its information:
- Contact Information
- Objective Statement
- Work Experience
- Personal Information
You can place “Certifications” before “Work Experience”. With this setup, you also put the spotlight on your hard skills.
Entry Level Developer Resume
If you have an entry level Developer resume, use the functional format. The focus will be on your technical skills. It would be great if you are certified. Here is how we would rearrange our resume sample template for Developer:
- Contact Information
- Objective Statement
- Work Experience
- Personal Information
Don’t worry if you’re just starting out. There are a lot of entry-level jobs for Developers available. You should prioritize these jobs. Your chances of getting them are much higher.
You shouldn’t expect a high salary. When you are starting out, the experience will be your currency. Once you build up your resume, you can go for the higher paying jobs.
Developer Resume Writing Tips
As a Developer, you must be certain of your program. Tests are run. Revisions are made. The same approach applies to your resume. Please take some time to read our Developer resume writing tips.
- Keep It Short – Like your objective statement, keep your resume short. Focus only on the key details. Review the job post to be sure.
- Don’t Get Techy – Sure IT is technical. However, your resume should be written in clear and simple language. Save the tech stuff when you get the job. For now, make it an easy read.
- No Errors – In coding, errors are costly. It can likewise be costly for your resume. Review as often as possible. There should be no spelling and grammatical errors. No conflicting entries. Don’t leave the recruiter with questions.
Just like software should be unique to your client, so should be your resume. Don’t submit the same one to everyone. Keep it customized. If you need a draft, just review our Developer resume sample.
If this developer resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse to some related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips:
Felix’s work has been appreciated and shared on many well known online publications such as: BusinessInsider, FoxNews, SmartRecruiters, Business.com, Huffpost, ZipRecruiter, SnagAJob and many others.
Felix has extensive experience in human resources, recruitment and online business development. On ResumeOK, he uses his 10+ years of experience in the recruitment industry to provide step by step instructions on how to write solid resumes that will catch the attention of the recruiter.
Over the years, Felix has been responsible for reviewing resumes and conducting job interviews, for his own startups and also for other companies. After going through tens of thousands of resumes, he has learned what makes a resume stand out from the crowd and what are the most common mistakes people make. All the experience and knowledge gained over the years are being used in making ResumeOK the go-to place for finding great resume samples, job interview advice and resume writing tips.
Get in touch with him by email at [email protected] or by using the contact page.