Travel Agent Resume Sample
Address: 3228 N West Ave, Fresno, CA 93705
Phone: (559) 229-2635
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Travel Agent/Destination Specialist at Pro Travel Fresno, California
To improve my career and hone my skills further as a travel agent by becoming a part of one of the top and most diverse travel agencies in the country; to provide excellent service to my clients so they can enjoy their vacation with the least possible hassle and worry.
- Extensive knowledge on geography
- Keen eye for details
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge in Travel Booster Travel Agency System, a software for travel agencies
- A wide network of travel agencies in Asian and European countries
- Effective leadership skills
- Well-organized, with great time management skills
- In-depth knowledge about local and world history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Thirst for adventure and challenge
- Ability to work for long hours
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Superb writing and documentation skills
- Basic photography and first aid skills
- Language skills (English, Spanish, German, and French)
Travel Agent/Destination Specialist, 2015-present
Pro Travel Fresno, Fresno, California
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make arrangements for tours, including but not limited to tourist attractions, transport, accommodation, and car rentals
- Provide advice on destinations and packages to tourists
- Provide inputs/recommendations on tour and vacation packages being planned by the company
- Make hotel and restaurant visits to improve accuracy on the information held by the travel agency such as cleanliness, range of services/facilities so that it can appropriately make recommendations to its clients
- Get accurate and up to date fees and charges from hotels and various tourist attractions
- Attend to client’s queries made both on the phone and via the Internet
- Provide recommendations on how the company website can be improved for ease of use, completeness, and marketability, if and when necessary
- Check weather conditions and forecasts; coordinate with local government bodies for this purpose and during emergency cases
- Do other errands or and chores assigned by supervisor from time to time
Travel Agent, 2017-2015
Sam Ho Tour And Travel, Los Angeles, CA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provided customer support for clients
- Prepared travel itinerary for clients
- Acted as liaison between airline companies and customer
- Trained new employees on customer service and upselling
- Arranged accommodations for clients
- Booked and arranged tours to Asia for clients
Teacher in History and Geography, 2015-2017
Fresno High School, Fresno, California
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taught world history and geography to high school students
- Coached/guided students who are members of the History Club
- Coordinated and assisted in the planning of school events like educational field trips and the like with various destinations like museums, national parks, industrial parks, zoological parks, and theme parks
- Do other assignments like mentoring and personality development to students under supervision
College, California State University, Fresno, CA
1998-2017, 3.2 GPA
High School, Fresno High School, Fresno, CA
High School Diploma
1992-1996, 3.3 GPA
- Volunteer at American Red Cross Central Valley
- Basic First Aid Skills
- Villa Specialist course
- Basic Phone Etiquette
- Customer Service
- Selling 101
- Basic Photography
- Civil Status: Single
- Date of birth: January 3, 1976
- Interests: mountain climbing, swimming, historical movies, and photography
Advice for Your Travel Agent Job Interview
To ensure you make a significant mark on the interviewer’s sheet, keep these tips in mind. You may have already thought of these given your extensive experience in the industry, but it pays to still prepare so as to ensure you have the most worthwhile meeting with your interviewer.
Know the job by heart
Since you would probably be asked how you are going to contribute to the business, make sure that you review the agency’s strategy highlights. Dig deeper into its selling points. See to it that you also collect the necessary information about other promos and packages that the agency is offering. Familiarize yourself with the company’s website. You must already know how to go over it prior to the interview.
Be prepared: the interviewer may ask you about what you can do to excel in your craft
Traveling nowadays has become easier due to the emergence of the Internet. People search and book their tickets online. The development is fast, and so it is essential that you keep up to these developments. If you are planning to continue studying to improve your craft further, be ready to provide which program you intend to enroll in. There are courses that are offered by The Travel Institute, for instance. If you are planning to get certified, determine which type of certification you are exactly aiming for.
Look your best and show your best
Travel agents are professional, courteous, and well-organized people. Show the interviewer that you have these attributes in all the interviews that you are about to go through. Be punctual, well-groomed, and well-mannered.
Rehearse your answers to questions that are common or expected of your line of work
It is important that you look confident and knowledgeable when you respond to each question. So, if you need to write them down so that you can study them well and practice delivering them, then that is even better.
- Why did you want to be a travel agent?
- What are your weaknesses and strengths?
- How would you handle a customer who demands a refund from our travel agency?
- What would you do if a customer said they found a cheaper deal online?
- What is the most important skill or attribute that you think you have that makes you a good travel agent?
- What do you do to handle an unhappy customer who wants to write a bad review about us on Yelp or many of the other review websites?
- How do you tackle unexpected problems like delays or errors made in bookings and other related matters?
- Can you narrate an experience or scenario in your work as a travel agent that you are especially proud of?
Be ready with your own questions
After the interview, you may be given a chance to ask your own questions about the company and the job you are applying for. Here are some questions you might want to ask the interviewer.
- Which particular destination team or package you will be assigned to work on?
- What are the agency’s expectations of you?
- How does the company conduct performance evaluation?
- What is the extent of computerization in the company? What software does it use to keep track its online booking?
- Do you plan to expand your travel agency online eventually?
It is important to make a follow-up on the progress of your application, but do not overdo it because they may find you annoyingly desperate. When you do this, you have to be very nice and brief. Make sure that you thank the company for the time and opportunity.
Explore Resume Samples From Other Industries
Table Of Contents