Engineering Resume Sample & Template
Engineering has one of the most competitive job markets because of the technical nature of the occupation and the high level of skill required in a specific field. In order to improve your chances of being considered for the job, you need a top-notch resume. Our Engineering resume sample is designed to give maximum impact and draw attention to your qualifications. We have also included sections detailing the Engineering job description and Engineering ideal job qualifications to give you a better idea of how to compose your resume.
Engineering is a broad field. In general, engineers are tasked to analyze, oversee and manage large systems that have been designed to sustain the operations of a company. One of their prime directives is to introduce efficiencies into the system which in itself is a complex web of different frameworks and processes. Engineers are constantly studying and assessing the performance of these systems to ensure its stability and working order. A breakdown can prove to be costly to the organization.
Engineering Resume Sample
Thomas R. Jordan
Address: 1151 Acacia Ave., Los Angeles, CA
Phone: (323) 804-3758
Email: tomwa[email protected]
Current job: Mechanical Engineer at Evergreen Manufacturing Corporation
To contribute my skills, experience and expertise to build strong, sustainable and dependable equipment and products that will introduce efficiencies in manufacturing.
- 10 years+ experience as Mechanical Engineer
- Certified; licensed Mechanical Engineer
- Background in computer design/ programming
- Experienced in conducting project studies
- Certified in various technical competencies
- Experienced in dealing with people in the value chain
- Excellent communication skills
- Goal – oriented
- Highly organized
- Great ability to work with a team
Mechanical Engineer 2010 to Present
Evergreen Manufacturing Corporation, Los Angeles, CA
- Conceptualizes and implements new equipment designs to improve productivity
- Reviews and implements improvements to current equipment and infrastructure for greater and more efficient function
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical frameworks and processes
- Design, test and implement systems
- Oversees current systems and conducts assessment with various department heads
- Ensures reliability of all proposed systems and other improvements
- Conducts project studies
- Reviews operating budgets and relevant Financial Statements
- Leads brainstorming sessions with team
Mechanical Engineer, 2008 to 2010
Power Lift Development Corporation, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Identifies company’s various business processes
- Finds solutions that are sustainable and competitive
- Analyzes and documents all data and information
- Reviews operating efficiency of equipment and infrastructure
- Reviews and analyzes effectiveness of current systems
- Designs new frameworks and processes
- Conducts audit of current technical systems of the company
- Makes recommendations to existing operational and technological frameworks
Mechanical Engineer, 2004 to 2008
Twin Dragon Property Developers, Philadelphia, PA
- Reviews current operating systems
- Designs new operating frameworks and processes
- Oversees mechanical designs of commercial establishments
- Conducts safety and reliability tests on designs
- Ensures strict compliance with building and city regulations
- Conducts project studies
- Reviews all mechanical drawings and specifications
Coordinates with city engineers, 3rd party engineers for all site inspections
College, University of California
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
1999 – 2003, 3.8 GPA
High School Diploma
1995 – 1999, 3.5 GPA
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer, 2004
- Certification, AutoCAD
- Certification, SolidWorks
- Certification, Python
- Certification. C+ Programming
- MS Office
- Married, 2 children
- DOB 04/08/82
- Hobbies include running, travel, cooking
Engineering Job Description
Our Engineering resume sample is structured to highlight your strengths and work experience which are the sections most recruiters will focus on. Given the vast field of Engineering, we have included sections on Engineering Job Description and Engineering Ideal Job Qualifications so you will have great reference points on how to craft and present your resume.
Technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace to keep up with changing trends and demand patterns. As business has become global, the level of competition has also risen. Companies are always looking for new ways and means to increase productivity; to get things done faster and with higher efficiency. This is why every industry needs engineers.
Systems are constantly changing with new frameworks and processes being developed. The primary objective of engineers is to ensure the systems in place are working efficiently to sustain the required level of productivity and accommodate an increase in the level of output.
The growing demand for engineers worldwide is the number one reason why in 2014, engineering was the most popular career choice for high school students in the United States. Another reason is pay. The engineering profession has one of the highest median wage rates in the global job market. For example, in the United States, the median wage rate for engineers is at US$42 per hour.
Based on surveys, the three most popular fields of engineering are as follows:
- Civil Engineering. Focuses on designing, building and improving infrastructures such as roads, bridges, and railways.
- Mechanical Engineering. Provides efficient solutions to existing processes and products ranging from small to large scale equipment.
- Industrial Engineering. Find ways to improve efficiency; eliminate wasteful or unproductive processes within the system.
Among the fastest rising fields of engineering are:
- Petroleum Engineering. Employed by oil companies to study, design and test effective methods of extracting petroleum from the earth and seafloor.
- Mining Engineering. Apply engineering principles to extract natural resources.
- Biomedical Engineering. Analyzes and designs possible solutions to problems in biology and medicine with the overall objective of improving healthcare.
Regardless of your specialization, every industry will have demand for engineers. You should expect demand to rise exponentially over the next few years as technology continues its evolution.
Engineering Ideal Job Qualifications
If you plan to have a career in Engineering you should possess the following qualifications for the job:
- Creativity. Engineers may be well-versed in theories and principles but these are used as references to create potential solutions to problems. Application of these principles depends on a great deal of creativity; the ability to find a structure where there is none and develop solutions.
- Problem-solving skills. An engineer must have high levels of proficiency in mathematics, mechanical systems and computer programming systems which are required for the comprehensive analysis of problems. You must have an analytical mind; able to break down problems and come up with prospective courses of action.
- Ability to work with a team. Engineers work with people of other disciplines. As mentioned, systems are networks of processes and operating frameworks. Some of these will require specific disciplines and the engineer must work closely with them to conceptualize solutions.
- Great communication skills. Communication is a two-way street; you must be a good listener and able to articulate instruction. This is critical when working with a team and managing system improvements. One mistake due to miscommunication could prove costly to the company.
- Experienced in project management. Engineers have their plate full every day with a myriad of tasks and responsibilities. He/she must have the ability to organize these tasks and accomplish them according to schedule within an 8-12 hour work schedule. To do this, the engineer must have impeccable time-management skills and a great ability to work with people.
A career in Engineering carries bright prospects for a successful and rewarding occupation. While it is in demand, it remains highly competitive. The first step in the process is to get the first interview and this is where our Engineering resume sample can get you a step ahead of the rest.
You can craft an effective, attention-grabbing resume by using our Engineering resume sample and integrating the ideas from our Engineering job description and Engineering ideal job qualifications sections.
If this Engineering resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse to some related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips: