Android Application Developer Resume Sample
Robert T. Pastor
Address: 3462 Athens Street, San Francisco, CA.
Phone: (415) 765 9087
Email: [email protected]
Current Job: Android Application Developer; TTS Business Solutions, San Francisco, CA.
Highly-experienced Android App Developer with certifications in Java and C++ and in-depth knowledge of business operations as an entrepreneur since 2010. I am interested in joining your app development team and have the opportunity to share my skills and experience with the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering
- Certified in Java and C++
- Knowledge and experience with the Android Software Development Kit
- Knowledge of iOS and Microsoft operating systems
- Experience in web design and development
- Ability to handle the pressure
- Excellent time management skills
Android Application Developer, 2015 to Present
TTS Business Solutions; San Francisco, CA
- Design and develop apps for the Android operating system.
- Attend meetings with the client to gain a better understanding of the objectives of the app.
- Conduct research on the industry and strive to learn the business of the client to come up with the right solutions or list of features that will help the app deliver the desired results.
- Collaborate closely with the cross-functional team assigned to work on the app for the client.
- Work extensively with the Java programming language in the development of the app solution.
- Perform tests to determine the usability and reliability of the app.
- Formulate ways to improve and further enhance the performance of the app.
Android Application Developer, 2013 to Present
Pastor Tech Innovative Solutions; San Francisco, CA.
- Pastor Tech is a company I founded after graduation as a way to gain practical experience as an app developer and entrepreneur.
- Pastor-Tech has 8 active clients and is presently managed by my wife. I am no longer involved in its day-to-day operations.
- Handle the networking, marketing, sales, recruitment, and daily operations of the company.
- Design and develop Android and iOS apps for clients.
- Assemble teams for each client.
- Perform tests on each app until these are 100% approved and ready for turnover to the client.
- Provide technical support for 4 months after turnover.
University of San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
2008 to 2012
San Francisco International High School
San Francisco, CA
2004 to 2008
How To Write A Good Android Application Developer Resume
A good Android Application Developer resume, it must prove to the recruiter that you are highly-knowledgeable about the Android operating system. Technical and fundamental expertise is a big plus. But recruiters are looking for more than just top-level competency in I.T.
Indicate Your Educational Attainment
To become an effective Android App Developer, you must have a solid understanding of the basics of software development.
Companies prefer candidates who have acquired a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, I.T. Management, and other related courses. If you have an Associate Degree, that’s fine. But to contend for the well-paying jobs, you’ll have to beef up your technical qualifications.
Summarize Your Technical Qualifications
Getting a Bachelor’s Degree is the first step to launching a career as an Android App Developer. Keep in mind that nearly everyone applying for the position you are eyeing has a Bachelor’s Degree in an I.T related field.
This is where having acquired advanced learning creates a distance among the competitors.
Sure, the employer can put you through seminars. But they would much rather hire someone who has invested in his career by undergoing training themselves.
What technical qualifications are recruiters looking for in an Android App Developer?
- Java Programming Language
- Android SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- C++ Programming Language
If you acquired certifications in all of any one of these technical courses, the recruiter will surely put your resume at or near the top of the pile.
Give Detailed Work Experience
How well do you know the position of an Android App Developer? Take note that we said “position” not “job”.
This is because as a software developer you’ll work with a team composed of different skills. Learning your role within the team will help the development process move faster and more efficiently.
In the section “Android Application Developer Duties And Responsibilities For The Work Experience Section”, we will give a detailed explanation of how to write effective job descriptions.
It’s worth mentioning this early that to create a good Android App Developer resume, you must give detailed job descriptions of the tasks you managed in your current or previous employment.
Knowledge and Understanding of Business
Apps are developed to make life and work easier and more convenient. Therefore, you must have a good understanding of what business needs to improve efficiency and streamline costs.
You don’t have to be an expert in Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, and Business Operations. Just develop a basic understanding of how a business runs.
A software development team includes a Market/Industry Researcher. Having business acumen will help you understand research papers on the industry and about the business sector in general.
Android Application Developer Skills List
An Android Application Developer Skills List is pretty much straightforward. You must present proof of your technical expertise – the programs and systems that are required to develop apps for the Android platform.
Will that be enough to get you hired? In a tightly-contested position, the recruiter will be looking for differentiators. Often, the tie-breaker would be your soft skills.
Hard Skills – How Good Are You With the Tools of the Trade?
Hard skills are the skills and abilities that you acquire from formal education, on-the-job training, seminars, short-course, and other forms of organized instruction.
For an Android App Developer, there are companies that will hire only candidates who carry certifications in specific systems, platforms, or programs. Thus, always review the job ad before preparing your resume.
Here are the basic hard skills that recruiters are looking for in an Android App Developer resume:
- Graduate of a 4-year college course in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in other related fields.
- Certifications in programming languages such as Java, C++, Kotlin, C#, and Python.
- Certification to attest advanced training in the Android Operating System.
- Knowledge and experience in the Android Software Development Kit.
- Knowledge in the application of development concepts such as Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Cocoa Touch Frameworks, Graphical User Interface Design, and Grand Central Dispatch.
- Comprehensive understanding of the importance of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design.
- Knowledge of iOS and Microsoft operating systems.
- Knowledge of business or Business Acumen.
You don’t have to sign up and be certified in all of the programs listed here. It’s important to show to the recruiter that you have the knowledge to create apps for Android.
Soft Skills – Are You the Right-Fit Candidate for the Company?
As an Android App Developer, you will work with a team that has been tasked to build a specific app. These apps may be cheap to download – some are for free – but they are expensive to make.
Software development companies have tight budgets for building apps. To improve their chances of earning a profit, the app must stay within the parameters of the budget. An important factor is for the team to meet the development timeline.
Delays are costly. For the timeline to be met, the team must work well together. It’s important for Human Resources to hire not just the best people but those who can work well with others.
This is why recruiters are also focusing on soft skills – the behavioral traits that define your personality. Who are you and what is your approach to work? The company has a set of soft skills it desires in its people. For software development, these soft skills could include the following:
- Top-level Analytical Skills
- Creative Thinker
- Proven Problem-solver
- Excellent Communication Skills
- A voracious appetite for learning new skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage stress and thrive under pressure
- Ability to work within a team
- Follows excellent time management procedures
Although you will be working with a team, for the most part, you will be working independently. You must be productive with your time and perform while on your own with minimal supervision.
Android Application Developer Duties And Responsibilities For The Work Experience Section
When writing down your Android Application Developer duties and responsibilities for the work experience section, there is a very important rule to keep in mind:
Be straightforward. The work of a developer is technical enough; don’t make them complicated for the recruiter to understand.
Here’s an example of a straightforward work experience section for an Android App Developer resume:
- Design and develop apps for the Android operating system.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop unique and distinct features for the Android app.
- Perform tests on the code to evaluate performance, usability, and dependability.
- Conduct troubleshooting procedures to iron out bugs and improve performance.
- Learn and implement the latest technologies to optimize the performance of the app.
Go back to the work experience section of our Android Application Developer resume sample. You will note that we included the programs and systems that the candidate used while designing Android apps.
You should do this as well with your work experience section to add more credibility and prove to the recruiter that you know the position very well.
Entry-Level Android Application Developer Resume
With the demand for software developers on the rise, you can still get the job if you have an entry-level Android Application Developer Resume.
Creativity is one of your strengths as a software developer. You will have to be a bit more creative with your resume to get more looks and interest from the recruiters.
No Experience? Shift to Functional Format
If you’re coming straight out of college and have no work experience as an app developer, use the functional format to shift the recruiter’s attention to your technical skills.
The functional format will arrange the sections of your resume in this manner:
- Contact Information
- Objective Statement
- Work Experience; if applicable
Change in Career? Shift to Combination Format
If you do have work experience but it’s unrelated to software development but you want the change in career, the Combination is the right format to use.
The Combination follows the same template as the Functional. The difference is in how the content is presented particularly the Objective Statement.
It’s understood that you must have acquired all the required learning and training to become confident enough to apply for a job as an Android App Developer. Now, you have to explain to the recruiter your decision for the career shift.
The Objective Statement is the ideal section in the resume to share your story with the recruiter. Be honest and tell the real story of why you wanted a change in career.
Here’s an example:
“After working in the banking industry for 5 years, I decided on a career change and move from banking and finance to IT. Being exposed to technology on a daily basis, piqued my interest, and encouraged me to explore the field during my spare time. In the past 4 years, I have diligently acquired the technical skills in various programming languages and programs to become an Android App Developer. I hope your company will give me the opportunity to launch my career in IT.”
Freelance Experience? Include That in the Resume
If you worked as a freelance software developer, that counts as valuable work experience and should be included in your resume.
You also have the added advantage of learning the business ropes. As a freelancer, you have to network for clients, manage your earnings, enhance your online presence, and ensure excellent client service.
To improve your chances of getting hired, apply to jobs that specifically state “No Experience Required” or “Entry Level Android App Developers Only”.
And if the job market is too competitive, build up your work experience by becoming a freelance Android App Developer. Several companies prefer to work with freelancers to lower the cost and to become more agile.
Last Updated on August 13, 2021 by Felix Tarcomnicu
Table Of Contents