There are millions of websites and all of them need a good content writer to create attractive and useful articles. If you are on the look for a better job as a web content writer, it’s time to write a resume that focuses on the skills, and experience you’ve had in the last years. Here’s a good web content writer resume example that will inspire you with some ideas of what to write in the objective, skills, duties and responsibilities sections.
Web Content Writer Resume Sample
Hans James T. Kirk
Address: 23349 Lakeview RD, Alcova, WY 82620
Phone: (307) 266-3966
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Freelance writer and researcher
To advance my career and enhance my writing skills and become a part of a pool of highly experienced and talented team of researchers, writers, authors, editors, and copywriters.
- Proficiency in design and lay-out of email messages for email marketing
- Goal-oriented, enthusiastic, and the passionate
- Open-minded and highly adaptable to new innovation
- Ability to work for long and extended hours
- Promptness and dedication to work
- Known as a team player who is also able to work without supervision
- Relentlessness and thirst to enhance my technical knowledge and skills
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for content marketing on the internet
- Ability to work under pressure
- Superb skills in copywriting
- Knowledge of PHP and HTML
- Willingness to travel if the job calls for it
- Efficiency in researching and documenting sources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of various blog platforms like Blogger and WordPress
Freelance Web Content Writer, 2017-present
Various online clients
- Write high-quality content articles in various topics such as local politics, ancient cultures, social media, environmental issues, youth, labor issues, and general society
- Edit and rewrite articles assigned from time to time
- Able to source for clients
- Perform extensive web research to collect pertinent data and gather images related to the assigned article
- Search for websites and coordinate with site owners for guest posting opportunities
E-mail Marketing Manager, 2015-2017
Lead Copywriter, 2015-2017
Web.com, Jacksonville, FL
- Write email messages for advertisement purposes
- Provided copy for landing pages and e-mail autoresponders
- Design the layout of the email messages for marketability and ease of viewing in various platforms such as mobile phones, tablet computer, and other such devices where email messages may be accessed from
- Search for images and edit them using Adobe Photoshop if necessary to make the email more visually appealing to audience
- Supervised a team of content writers and copywriters
Research Assistant and Messenger, 2016-2015
University of Wyoming Department of Anthropology, Laramie, WY
- Collect and collate necessary secondary data from both the Internet and data producers for a particular research topic
- Wrote web content for the department’s website
- Search for information and related literature on the assigned topic
- Help coordinate meetings and events at the Department of Anthropology
- In-charge of circulating various reports and minutes of meetings to members of the research team
- Do other errands assigned by supervisors from time to time
University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
Bachelor’s Degree, English and Literature
2015-2016, 3.4 GPA
Red Creek School, Laramie, WY
High School Diploma
1996-2015, 3.5 GPA
- Advertising, Marketing, and Sales Writing (Online Course)
- ABCs of English Grammar (Online Course)
- English Composition (Online Course)
- Internet Marketing Fundamentals (Online Course)
- Email Marketing, Basic and Advanced
- English Literature
- Advanced Prose Writing
- Persuasive Writing
- Business Writing Skills (Online Course)
- Photo editing using Adobe Photoshop software
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) writing
- Civil Status: Married
- Date of birth: June 6, 1980
- Interests: Reading novels, traveling, and cooking
Advice For Getting A Web Content Writer Job
You must never go to an interview unprepared even if you are already an expert in your field. It is not enough that you solely rely on your resume, even if you took inspiration from a well-written web content writer resume examples. For you to nail that job, heed these tips.
Be Prepared To Show Your Best Work
You need to show some examples of your work. Give them your award-winning pieces or samples that you feel are the most compelling and engaging. Some good examples would be your most successful email marketing pieces (if you have access to them), or your most viewed articles on the internet. Bring a hard copy of the articles. This gives the interviewer concrete proof of your writing skills.
Streamline Your Thoughts
An interview is more likely to yield a good result if the conversation went in a fluid manner than if it proceeded as if the interviewee is still searching for the answers. Moreover, the likelihood that you will deliver a better, well-thought out answer, is higher when you are well-rested and prepared than if you are not. Planning ahead will make you less susceptible to stuttering or getting nervous during the interview. Rehearse to ensure that you answer flawlessly, especially to any of the following questions:
- Your web content writer resume states that you have experience in e-mail marketing. From your experience, what is the typical open rate for your campaigns?
- What made you decide to venture into content writing? And eventually freelancing?
- Which niches are you particularly interested in?
- Why did you stop freelancing?
- Why did you choose this company among others?
- How long do you see yourself working with us?
- Aside from writing, what part of your career interests you the most? Why?
Think Of Questions To Ask Them
As with any other interview, you will be given a chance to ask them questions at the end. Do not leave the interview without asking questions. Here are some questions you can ask them to get you started:
- How many clients am I expected to have at any one time?
- Does the company focus more on quality or quantity?
- Do you work with individuals or big companies?
- Do you expect your writers to eventually specialize in several niches?
- How many people will I report to?
- Will online marketing training be provided or am I expected to learn it at home?
Think About Your Long-Term Goals
Think about your long-term goals. Companies like to hire people who are goal-oriented or those that already have an idea of what direction they want to take in their lives. It gives them the certainty, which is essential in executing the plans and goals of the organization. Also, if you think you love writing that much to make it your long-term career, then be ready to explain your reasons including the specific fields you would like to specialize in.
Show Them How Desirable You Are With The Way You Present Yourself
Exude professionalism by dressing up properly. It is not necessary that you come in a coat and tie, but at least a neat dress shirt will do. You need to leave an impression that you are a well-organized and desirable person by showing up tidy and well-groomed.
If this Web Content Writer resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse some other related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips:Last Updated on