Taxi Driver Resume
Are you looking for a good taxi driver resume? You are on the right place, bellow you can can find a cv sample that you can download and edit according to your strengths, objective and experience. At the bottom of the post, you can also check some job interview tips.
Taxi Driver Resume Sample
Address: 1093 Hemphill Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30318
Phone: (404) 724-2333
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Taxi driver for Atlanta Checker Cab
To gain employment as a taxi cab driver at an excellent and reputable company; to utilize my extensive skills and vast experience in order to provide superior services to my passengers.
- Polite, courteous, and professional with all passengers
- Accident-free since driving my first taxi
- Careful, safe, and defensive driving skills
- Excellent knowledge of various roads, routes, and destinations
- Possess an outgoing and dynamic personality capable of relating with different people
- Excellent public relations skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively
- Flexible and adaptable to change with a remarkable ability to bounce back from difficult situations
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Atlanta Checker Cab, 2008-present
- Drive the taxicab safely to provide transportation for passengers
- Help passengers load and unload their baggage
- Maintain the cab in clean and sanitary conditions
- Take the car for minor repairs and service
- Carry out miscellaneous tasks as directed
Ritz Taxi, 2005-2008
- Transported passengers in taxicab for a fee
- Loaded and unloaded passengers’ baggage
- Maintained a clean driving record with zero citations and accidents
- Kept the car clean and tidy at all times
- Maintained excellent relations with customers
- Reported car damage and the need for repairs
Atlanta Lenox Taxi Company, 1997-2005
- Received employee of the month award three times
- Operated taxicab to safely transport passengers to their destinations
- Maintained record as a safe, reliable, and professional driver
- Adopted a polite and courteous demeanor with all passengers
- Carried out other extra duties as directed by the management
Certified Taxi Driver, Georgia License, 1996
North Atlanta High School, Atlanta, GA, 1990-1994
High School Diploma
- Civil Status: Married, three children
- Date of Birth: October 3, 1975
- Hobbies: soccer, cooking, spending time with my family
Advice for Your Taxi Driver Job Interview
Besides checking out this site’s resume section for Taxi Driver resume samples, there are a few other strides you can take to get closer to being hired. Here they are:
Fine Tune Your Taxi Driver resume
Your curriculum vitae or resume is one of the most vital screening tools that future employers use when making a decision as to who will be given a shot at their company. As such, your resume should provide a comprehensive overview of your experience and other qualifications. Update it, and check it thoroughly for any mistakes on formatting, grammar, and spelling. You won’t want such errors overshadowing your stellar attributes, outstanding training, and impressive education.
Research about Your Prospective Company
When did the company start its operations? Who owns it? What philosophies does the company stand by? These are just some of the things that you should have a knowledge of. Researching on your future employers not only sets proper expectations on your part, it will also make you better prepared for whatever question comes your way during the interview. Furthermore, you must also know the nitty-gritty of the position you are applying for; this way, you will have a clearer idea of what the job really entails.
Ensure a Smooth Performance with Run-Throughs
How do you think stage actors and actresses put on a performance that is worth a standing ovation? There is only one answer to this – lots and lots of practice! If you want your interviewer to mentally applaud you as well, you will need to practice your answers to the most common of interview questions. Here are some of the questions you can expect to be asked:
- What life experiences made you decide to become a taxi driver?
- What attributes of yours make you a safe driver?
- Describe a certain situation in which you found yourself and your passenger in a conflict. How did you deal and resolve such a situation?
- Has there ever been a complaint filed against you by passengers? If yes, what were they for?
- What do you do to ensure that your car remains in a clean and roadworthy condition?
- Why do you choose to work for this company as opposed to all other possible employers?
- Have you ever been issued a ticket for a traffic violation? If so, what was it?
- Are you able to stay calm and collected even when there is traffic and your passenger is in a hurry?
- Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a passenger who was drunk, angry, or irate. What did you do?
- Have you ever received a citation?
- While working, have you ever been in a driving accident? If so, was it your fault?
Once your interviewer is done asking you questions, you might be given the chance to pose some of your own. Asking about salary and benefits should be held off until you are actually offered the job. Below is a list of other questions that you might want to ask:
- What is the relationship like between supervisors and drivers?
- What is the typical schedule like? Do I get to choose my own hours?
- What type of insurance coverage can I expect?
- How does the company address and resolve employee concerns?
- What performance reviews and evaluations can I expect?
Appear Well Groomed and Well Dressed
Although your future employer won’t expect you to put on an outfit worthy of a black-tie event, you should still ensure that what you have on is appropriate for a business meeting. Ditch the sneakers, ratty t-shirt, and unwashed jeans. Instead, try to go for a clean, decent, and professional look by choosing a dress shirt, slacks, and suitable footwear.
If this Taxi Driver resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse to some related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips: