Sports Teacher Resume
If you are looking for some sports teacher resume examples, then ResumeOk is the right place. Read the most common questions and advice for your job interview.
Sports Teacher Resume Sample
Steve James Kirk
Address: 1215 Liberty Dr, Mishawaka, IN 46545
Phone: (574) 255-2588
Current job: PE Teacher at Marian High School, Mishawaka, IN
To inspire and serve as a role model to children in achieving fitness and good health; to become a part of the pool of esteemed educators at a well-known university; to promote physical fitness in the school and the community; to mentor obese children and get them into fitness and healthy living
- Formal training in Sports Education
- Great passion and respect for sports and outdoor activities
- Ability to coach different children
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized and dedicated to work
- Goal-oriented and resourceful
- Great communication skills
- Ability and patience to play with children
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Receptiveness to new ideas and other people’s insights
- Great time management skills
- Outgoing and friendly personality
PE Teacher, 2011-present
Marian High School, Mishawaka, IN
- Encourages students to participate in physical activity even outside of the Physical Education (PE) class
- Motivates children to be active in sports activities of the school and other activities of the community
- Serves as a role model or lead by example in terms of physical fitness and attitude.
- Plans and leads school’s activities and programs in physical fitness programs
- Coordinates with other teachers to promote opportunities for physical activity in the school and community
- Provides training and resources or serve as resource person to classroom teachers
- Assists in supervising and coaching the school’s basketball and football team
- Provides other engaging activities to the students
- Sits on school committees
- Assists the school administration with other school activities, events, and campaigns
Teaching Assistant, 2009-2010
Bethel College, Mishawaka, IN
- Helped develop instructional materials
- Assist academic staff with various school activities
- Collected data/information as needed by the professors in the department
- Distributed and collected tests and homework assignments
- Graded tests and homework, computed and recorded results, and submitted these to the teaching staff
- Instructed students in the proper use and care of equipment and facilities
- Helped in organizing, supervising, and officiating games and other recreational activities
- Conducted demonstrations to teach skills in sports
- Assisted the librarian and operated audiovisual equipment
- Assisted in maintaining computers in laboratories and classrooms
- Helped students with computer software
- Stocked teaching materials and supplies
- Checked attendance in class, drills, and games; maintained attendance records
- Prepared various teaching aids such as list of references, and charts
- Provided assistance to persons with special needs such as non-native English speakers and those with disability
- Provided assistive devices to persons with disability
- Attended staff meetings; helped organize school committees
- Duplicate and file various materials
- Helped in supervising class discussions
- Sent messages to the teaching staff and ran errands
- Enforced school policies and instructions made by the teaching staff
- Did other tasks that were assigned by the supervising professor
Personal Trainer, 2006-2009
LA Fitness, Mishawaka, IN
- Developed exercise and diet plans for clients
- Designed weight loss regimens
- Developed “workout of the day” programs
- Helped with personal training sales
College, Bethel College, Mishawaka, IN
Bachelors of Art (Physical Education)
2002-2006, 3.1 GPA
Marian High School, Mishawaka, IN
High School Diploma
1998-2002 3.1 GPA
- Fitness Management Course
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Training Workshop
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Basic Occupational Safety and Health
- Civil Status: Single
- Date of birth: November 9, 1984
- Interests: basketball, football, tennis, skateboarding, golf, hiking, camping, volunteer work
Advice for Your Sports Teacher Job Interview
If you really want to nail an interview, devote time, energy, and some resources in preparing for it. Get the best first impression that you can get. Make it one of the most memorable interview sessions ever of the interviewer so that when he picks his choice, you would be on the top of the board. Here are some ways designed to help you make way for that big job interview.
A Well Thought Out Resume Can Get You Far
You must realize that even before the interview, you can show how great you are as a person by ensuring you have a well-written, well thought out sports resume.
Dress (And Look) To Impress
Make sure you are at your best. Invest in some decent clothes if you do not have anything professional to wear. Ensure though that you are comfortable with it. Also, take extra precaution that you do not come to the interview with some ailment like a cough or cold. Remember that you are supposed to be the role model for physical fitness not only to students but to teachers and other members of the school staff.
Punctuality shows that you care deeply about getting the job. It also shows your personality, that you certainly value the time and effort of the interviewer. Anticipate all possible hurdles that you may encounter in your way to the interview and set the necessary time allowance.
Do Not Go Without Knowing Basic Info About The School
You must already know a great deal of things about the school you want to join prior to the interview. If you can identify its key challenges when it comes to physical fitness or sports activities, you can effectively show how you would fit perfectly to the teaching roster. If you think that students’ current profile needs an aggressive physical fitness program, then do not hesitate to show how you can be of great use to the school to address this need. Be confident but stay polite and sensitive all throughout.
Anticipate Questions and Memorize Your Answer
Be prepared to address the interviewer’s questions by thinking of the possible questions they may throw at you. Here are some examples of these.
- Why did you choose a teaching profession?
- What has been the biggest challenge that you have encountered so far?
- What do you think is the biggest problem that young people are facing now? If you think that sports can help address this, in what way?
- How do you ensure that different children are given equal chances of excelling in sports?
- What are your key strategies and principles in coaching and mentoring?
- What is it about your work that you are most proud of?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What are you plans in the medium term and in the long term?
After they ask you questions, you will also get a chance to ask them questions. Here are some questions you can ask:
- Do I have a lot of freedom in designing my own plans?
- What else does the school do to promote health and fitness?
- Do parents support physical education at this school?
Need to see more examples to better understand how to write a sports teacher resume? Here are more resume samples for different job positions that you can use as inspiration.
- Arts teacher resume
- Chemistry teacher resume
- Elementary school teacher resume
- English teacher resume
- Foreign language teacher resume
- Geography teacher resume
- History teacher resume
- Math Teacher resume
- Preschool teacher resume
- Physics teacher resume
- Science Teacher Resume
- Teacher assistant resume
- Teacher assistant resume example
Besides the resume examples, we have prepared several more articles that we recommend reading to increase your chances of getting a better, or your first job:
- How to write a good resume
- 50+ resume summary and objective examples
- List of best skills to put on a resume
- Resume format guide
- How long should a resume be?
- How to find a job fast – even without experience
- 50+ job interview questions and answers
- What is a cover letter?
- When should you send a cover letter with your resume
- How to write a professional cover letter
- 200+ resume samples
- ResumeOK – Resume Tips and advice