Security Agent Resume
If you are looking to get a new job as a security agent, make sure you check the resume example we have wrote bellow, and also the tips and advice for the job interview.
Security Agent Resume Sample
Address: 1424 Avenue J, Brooklyn, NY
Phone: (718) 258-1395
Email: [email protected].com
Current job: Security Agent at Colleen Hotel
To obtain employment as a Security Agent at one of the biggest hotel chains in the United States and to seek a position at a challenging work environment where I will be able to put my skills and field knowledge to full use.
- Vast experience in Security & Fire industry, Field Service Management, and Office Service Management
- Excellent ability to deliver quality security service to external and internal guests
- Exceptional ability to properly use equipment such as radios, handcuffs, cameras, and ID scanners
- Former military experience (10 years in the Army)
- Remarkable ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Licensed to carry a concealed weapon
- Superb ability to read, comprehend, and interpret written and oral instructions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with internal and external guests
- Physically fit for all demands of the job such as standing, sitting, walking, reaching, balancing, stooping, kneeling, turning and twisting for prolonged periods of time
- Strong depth perception and peripheral vision; ability to see near, far, and in colour and to lift, carry, and push more than 50 pounds
Security Agent, 2008 – Present
Colleen Hotel, Brooklyn, NY
- Create a safe and secure environment for visitors and staff members through constant professional presence in the lobby
- Assist Fire Safety Director with looking into matters like floor patrols and supervising the safety procedures and precautions
- Ensure that all the safety related rules and regulations for the hotel are followed
- Assist visitors and staff members in all the security related enquiries
- Troubleshoot Time-lox locks and safes in the hotel rooms
- Prepare security reports with accuracy and complete them in a timely manner
- Demonstrate and follow emergency procedures set by the entire Security Department
- Assist maintenance department during emergencies
- Respond to medical emergencies and complete illness and injury reports
Security Agent, 2006 – 2008
ABC Group Hotels, New York, NY
- Patrolled around the various parts of hotel property, checking doors and stairwells to ensure locks are secure and no threats to security exist
- Patrolled indoors as well, checking room hallways and activity areas for any sign of danger lurking
- Purchased, maintained, and monitored security cameras, alarm systems, and other electronic surveillance equipment
- Monitored camera feeds when assigned to surveillance rooms
- Escorted unruly patrons from the property, directing drunks to taxis or friends for transport out of the building
- Completed security reports in a timely manner so agents on the following shift can be alerted to areas that might need extra attention and precautions
Security Agent, 2004 – 2006
NY Business Hotel, New York, NY
- Conducted patrols within the entire hotel property, checking for threats to security
- Assisted in the purchase, maintenance, and monitoring of security cameras, alarm systems, and other surveillance equipment
- Responded to security threats and escorted unruly patrons out of the building
- Kept close watch on everyone entering and leaving the hotel
- Responded to emergency situations
Madison Community College, Madison, WI
Associate Degree in Criminal Investigations
2001 – 2003, 3.4
West High School, Madison, WI
High School Diploma
1997 – 2001, 3.4
- Criminal Investigation
- Evidence and Procedures in Investigations
- Court Systems
- Police Practices
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Corrections Practices
- Community and Law Enforcement Relations
- Army Survival Training
- Black Belt in Karate
- Civil Status: Married, with two kids
- Date of Birth: 2/8/1983
- Hobbies include watching crime scene investigative shows, playing basketball, solving puzzles
Advice for Your Security Agent Job Interview
You may have already found the some great security agent resume templates available on this site, so it is time for you to move on to the other steps that have to be completed. Below are some tips on how to proceed so you can get the job you want.
Gather the Required Documents for the Job
Get in shape. You are interviewing for a position that can be physically demanding. So the best thing you can do for yourself is to get in a little better shape before the interview. They will take you more seriously that way.
Gather the Required Documents for the Job
Aside from your certificates of employment from previous companies, records of training undergone, and proofs of education, you will need to bring along your updated security agent resume. Make sure that your resume contains all the information recruiters will need to fully assess your qualifications and come to the conclusion that you are the most excellent choice for the job. Shine the light on your strengths, and emphasize the qualifications that target the job’s requirements. Lastly, proofread the entire thing from start to end, and correct any mistake you may find.
Search for Basic Information about the Company or Facility
Make use of your investigative skills by finding out all you can about the facility. Start with searching for the basic information such as the company’s history, profile, and milestones. Proceed with scouring online resources and printed materials for the sector’s security challenges and windows for improvement. Lastly, if you know the name of the person who will be conducting the interview, it would be helpful to do a bit of research into his or her manner of interviewing as well.
Train Yourself for the Job Interview
Sometimes, it all comes down to how smoothly you answer interview questions and how astute your responses are. Thus, it is extremely important that you think about key questions well in advance and prepare your replies to them. Practice all you can, and come interview day, you will be rewarded. Below is a list of questions you are most likely going to be asked:
- What major improvements can you suggest for the safety and security of our hotel patrons?
- Which of the characteristics you possess will have a huge impact on how well you fit in with our corporate culture?
- Was there ever an instance that you had to put your life on the line for the company you were working for?
- What does the role of being a security agent mean to you and your family?
- Have you ever been involved in a physical altercation while on the job? How did you handle it?
Create a List of Your Own Questions
You should show up ready with a list of your own questions. Understandably, you might want to know just how much you will be paid or how good the benefits package is. However, the initial interview is not the right time for you to raise such concerns. Do not bring them up until you get the job. Below are some questions you can add to your list:
- For a job as risky as this, does the company offer insurance coverage?
- How open is the management to hearing out employee concerns?
- What kind of opportunities exists for a security agent to grow professionally in this company?
If this Security Agent resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse to some related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips: