Public Relations Specialist Resume
Use the best public relations specialist resume examples and write a professional resume. Read everything about the job interview, and learn how to be prepared for the most common questions asked by your employer.
Public Relations Specialist Resume Sample
Address: 715 N Euclid Ave, Ontario CA 91762
Phone: (909) 968-8246
Current job: Public Relations Specialist at Rubin Postaer & Associates
To acquire a job as a public relation specialist where I will be able to use my skills and knowledge to enable the organization to meet its goals and objectives.
- Wide knowledge of different public relations practices
- Able to effectively communicate with different individuals and groups
- Extensive experience in both broadcast and print media
- Extensive knowledge of online platforms for PR distribution
- Great skills in written and verbal communications
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and able to work with minimal supervision
- Great time management skills and able to organize schedules efficiently
- Good physical stamina which enables me to travel and work for long hours
- Skilled in a wide variety of computer programs in analysis and presentation
- Able to create and nurture with ease a network of different media contacts
- Able to harness the strengths of other employees and bring out the best in everyone
- Gifted in logically analyzing and developing the right responses in employees and customers alike
- Can present ideas and messages in a clear-cut and logical manner.
Public Relations Specialist, 2010-Present
Rubin Postaer & Associates, Santa Monica, CA
- planning, developing and implementing various media action plans in order to support and position the company in an advantageous position
- identifying and implementing different ways to boost the company’s reputation
- Representing the Company’s Spokesperson in various meetings and conferences
- Working together with the Media Relations colleagues in order to come up with applicable strategies to tap into potential markets
- Speaking to the media when Company Spokesperson is in absentia
- Working independently to come up with communications materials e.g. press releases
Public Relations Manager, 2006-2010
R P Interactive Inc, Santa Monica, CA
- Maintained a strong awareness of vision and mission of the company noting keenly its initiatives and ongoing programs
- Communicated both the negative and the positive feedback from various stakeholders like the community
- Coordinated numerous events to different audiences including the media
- Developed various strategies for a smooth execution
Assistant Public Relations Manager, 2004-2006
Dailey & Assoc Inc, Los Angeles, CA
- Prepared several press releases and also maintained an active contact with the media
- Arranged various key programs so as to maintain contact between the public and organization representatives
- Planned numerous conventions
Bethany University, Scotts Valley, CA
Masters in Public Relations Specialist
2002-2004, 3.2 GPA
Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA
Bachelors of Public Relations Specialist
1998-2002, 3.5 GPA
Santa Clara High School, Santa Clara, CA
High School Diploma
1994-1998, 3.3 GPA
- Public speaking
- Visual design and writing
- Branding and media outreach
- Civil Status: Married, with one child
- Date of Birth: March 17, 1980
- Hobbies: Travelling, playing baseball, swimming, reading novels and watching movies.
Advice for Your Public Specialist Job Interview
You have certainly come a lot far to get to this interview. It would be disheartening to lose it all by failing to prepare fully for the occasion. The mistake that most people make is to assume that the worst is over and the rest is just a walk in the park. You can imagine the shock on such people’s faces when questions start coming from left, right and center. In order for you to be prepared well for an interview, there are several things that you should do. The following is a list to guide you in this direction.
Have Your Public Relations Specialist resume Ready
Before you appear at the interviewer, the company will have made a perception about you through the resume. If you want the company to think highly of you, you will need to come up with a killer public relations specialist resume. The best way to accomplish this is by reading similar public relations specialist resume examples in our resume samples section so that you find what to include in a professional resume. The job description as drafted by the company will also give you a tip on what to include in your tailor-made resume. Make sure to address their needs and requirements on your resume without forgetting to include any experience, skills or qualifications that you have achieved in the recent past.
Know the Company and the Interviewer
While interviewees will always research about the company, most of them forget to learn about the person who will be interviewing them. Don’t forget that he or she also has hobbies and areas of interests that you can use to gain leverage. By understanding what kind of a person he is, you stand a better chance of impressing him with your skills and experience. Next, you also need to find out everything you can lay your hands on about the company. Normally, questions that the interviewer will ask about the company are usually related to products or services that the company trades in, milestones the company has made, any recent news and when the company was started, therefore, refore your duty to prepare for these questions well before the interview so that you can show the interviewer how much you are interested in that job.
Questions To Expect In Your Public Relations Specialist Interview
The more you can prepare for the questions that you are likely to be asked, the easier the whole interview will be for you. A tip to utilize when rehearsing these questions is to stand in front of a mirror and go through the questions and answers one by one, speaking aloud. This will help you to generate the necessary confidence to face the panel and handle their questions without flinching. Some of the questions that you should expect to be asked are listed below.
- What challenges did you get in your past job and how did you handle them?
- Why do you want to leave your current employer?
- How do you handle pressure?
- What skills do you believe will help you to take on this job?
- Are you willing to travel if your job demands of it?
Relevant Questions That You Should Consider Asking
It is highly likely that your prospective boss will also give you a chance to put him or her on the hot seat. Don’t take this chance as your leeway to terrorize him or boss him around. Rather, show your interest of the job by asking relevant questions like these ones:
- How many other people are in this department?
- What is the timeline for contacting the candidates who perform well on this interview?
- How is the scope for progress and promotion here?
- Do you often use online promotional methods for releasing press releases?
- What do you feel is your company’s strongest strength?
Be Professional on That Day
Nothing spoils an interview than to show up dressed in the wrong attire and donning an overpowering perfume that makes the interviewer wish that you never showed up. Always dress smartly on that day so that you appear like someone who is already going for job and not on a honeymoon.
Need to see more examples to better understand how to write a public relations specialist resume? Here are more resume samples for different job positions that you can use as inspiration.
Besides the resume examples, we have prepared several more articles that we recommend reading to increase your chances of getting a better, or your first job:
- How to write a resume
- 50+ resume summary and objective examples
- List of best skills to put on a resume
- Resume format guide
- How long should a resume be?
- How to find a job fast – even without experience
- 50+ job interview questions and answers
- What is a cover letter?
- When should you send a cover letter with your resume
- How to write a professional cover letter
- 200+ resume samples
- ResumeOK – Resume Tips and advice