Are you an IT salesman in search for a new and better job? Then start to write your resume and bring it up to date with all the skills and achievements you have had in the last years. The following IT sales resume example will serve you as inspiration and help you understand what to put in the skills, objective, duties and responsibilities sections of the resume.
IT Sales Resume Sample
John M. Jones
Address: 23 N 5th St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Phone: (570) 424-4980
Email: [email protected]
Current job: IT sales representative at IBM
To obtain employment as an IT sales representative at one of the most prestigious technology companies in the state and to gain more exposure to sales and marketing to further enhance my skills.
- A keen eye for details
- Excellent memory and skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- High proficiency in using Microsoft applications
- Great technical knowledge and understanding of various computer peripherals and software
- Ability to work under pressure and through long hours
- Deep connection of contract procurers in different businesses
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Good at handling different kinds of people
- Ability to multitask
- A great team player
- Highly organized and dedicated to work
- Goal-oriented and resourceful
- Determination for continuing education in a fast-moving industry
IT Sales Representative, 2017-present
IBM, Pocono Commons Center, Stroudsburg, PA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all pre-sales activities of the company
- Meet sales target identified by upper management
- Develop effective sales plans
- Sold enterprise software and hardware to Fortune 500 Companies
- Provide detailed information about technical specifications of products marketed by the company
- Demonstrate how the product, be it a software or hardware, works and provide technical advice to customers about installation, usage, and networking
- Address concerns of customers by providing clear instructions and solutions
- Inform the customers about the specific application of software products
- Communicate and possibly network with existing customers to promote products and upgrades of software products
- Help develop new business through networking and follow-ups
- Conduct marketing and presentation to a wide audience about the company’s product portfolio
- Attend industry events that are aimed at improving the marketability of the company’s products and services
- Help design promotional materials
- Get updates on the new improvements or developments in hardware systems and peripherals from time to time
- Write proposals and reports
- Participate in team meetings to discuss progress, plans, and other activities
IT Sales, 2015-2017
Linksys, Pocono Commons Center, Stroudsburg, PA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help small and medium businesses install and troubleshoot Linksys network hardware
- Conducted demonstrations to customers in terms of installation of the product
- Attend to customer queries
- Ensured all problems and issues are reported to manager
- Provided prompt service and ensured customer satisfaction
Teaching Assistant, 2015-2016
East Stroudsburg University
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helped students with computer software
- Ensured the maintenance of computer and other equipment in school laboratories
- Maintained attendance records
- Prepared various teaching aids as instructed by teaching staff
- Attended staff meetings; helped organize school committees and various activities
- Duplicate and file various materials
- Helped in supervising class discussions
- Circulated messages to the teaching staff
- Enforced school policies and instructions made by the teaching staff
- Did other tasks that were assigned by the supervising professor
College, East Stroudsburg University
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
2015-2016, 3.3 GPA
Stroudsburg High School
High School Diploma
1999-2015, 3.2 GPA
- Sales Training
- Technology Sales Training
- Civil Status: Single
- Date of Birth: June 10, 1985
- Interests: computer games, action and science fiction movies, tennis, swimming
Advice for Your IT Sales Job Interview
To improve your chances of landing a higher position in the company, you have got to nail that interview and make a fantastic impression. To help you get started on this, here are some tips you can follow to ensure you go through the interview flawlessly and with great confidence.
Start with the Basics
The most basic things to keep in mind for the interview are punctuality and a presentable look. Do not be late unless you want to leave an awful impression by being unprofessional and inconsiderate. Plan your activities for the big day ahead of time. Leave the house in plenty amount of time to accommodate anything that may delay you, such as traffic jams or any other unforeseeable event. If possible, make transportation arrangements in advance, and strategize on which route will be best taken. Aside from being punctual, it is also necessary to arrive for an interview looking your best. If your budget permits it, invest on a decent business suit. However, if you have not a penny to spare, you can always go through your existing wardrobe for an appropriate alternative, such as a dress shirt, slacks, blouse, or skirt. Lastly, take extra care with your health. The interview will be demanding enough without you being bothered by a high temperature or any other ailment.
Know Your Craft Well
Your interviewer may attempt to test your skills and aptitude on various IT products. Make sure that you can answer all the technical questions flawlessly. Review all the existing systems you know about, and study new developments in the industry. Conduct a research on current market trends so you will be in a better position to create insights about future directions in this fast-moving industry. Broadening your knowledge on your trade will better prepare you for the challenge ahead.
You have time to prepare so make the most out of it. Rehearse answers to possible questions that the interviewer may ask so that you can deliver them with great confidence. If necessary, write down your thoughts about these questions, and find the best way to state them. The questions may include the following:
- Why did you choose a sales profession instead of a desk job like programming?
- What sets you apart from your peers?
- What is it about your work that you are most proud of?
- What part of your work challenges you most?
- Do you have a secret and proven strategy for sales and marketing?
- How do you handle difficult clients?
- What weaknesses might prevent you from delivering a great job performance?
- What are your plans in the medium term? Do you see yourself doing the same work in the next ten years?
- Are you willing to travel in case the company requires you to?
You will also be given a chance to ask questions. Here are some intriguing questions you can ask:
- How do you identify your most productive employees?
- How do you reward your productive employees so that they remain productive and not discouraged?
Do you provide support for employees who want to attend training seminars?
Refine Your Resume
Even prior to the interview, you can impress the company by submitting a well-targeted and error-free IT Sales resume. Hence, enhance yours by searching for superb IT sales resume examples on this site. Keep the layout simple and the text brief, but with great substance. Concentrate on the pieces of information that are most relevant to the business of the company and the position you are applying for. Remember, employers, seek those with abilities that they can greatly utilize and those whose objectives are in line with theirs.
Days after the interview, make a call to follow up the progress of your application. Be nice and extra polite when you do so, and make the call brief. Try to limit the number of calls you make; you do not want to annoy anyone with relentless and overly frequent follow-ups.