Insurance Agent Resume
Trying to get a new job as an insurance agent? Glad to hear that! We have written some good insurance agent resume examples bellow and also some tips and advice for your job interview.
Insurance Agent Resume Sample
Address: 55 West 45th Street, New York, NY
Phone: (212) 730-7570
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Insurance Agent at New York Life Insurance Company
To be employed as an insurance agent at one of the largest insurance companies in the United States and to work in an environment conducive to the improvement of my skills and one that yields lucrative returns.
- Extensive work experience
- Admirable ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork in a timely manner
- Remarkable leadership and management skills
- Strong ability to persuade customers
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent in information gathering, data compilation, and preparation of reports
- Knowledgeable in planning and scheduling techniques
- Exceptional ability to utilize advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Proficient in the creation, composition, and editing of written materials
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Remarkable ability to plan, organize, and implement a range of sales promotion programs and events
- Solid team player ethics along with a willingness to help everyone reach his goals
- Sharp mind for learning Insurance Service’s automation system
Insurance Agent, 2008 – Present
New York Life Insurance Company, New York, NY
- Calculate premiums of different types of insurance based on risk assessment
- Customize insurance plans to meet needs of customers
- Sell a multitude of insurance policies to customers
- Interview potential clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the customer
- Seek out new clients, generate lists of prospective clients, and develop clientele through networking
- Act as liaison between underwriter and customer
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy
Insurance Agent, 2005 – 2008
Tower Group Companies, New York, NY
- Developed proficiency in all of the company’s products, including Annuities, Long-Term Care, and Life Insurance
- Conducted extensive research, identified, and successfully sold to prospective clients
- Achieved over 300 cold calls weekly, planned and led ten appointments per week, and maintained client base of over 150 Bankers Life and Casualty Company Clients
- Offered mentorship and training to many of the new agents using my leadership skills, extensive experience, and knowledge of the company products
- Maintained a spot in the top ten producing agents in a branch with over a hundred agents
- Implemented strategies to increase production and effectiveness of training programs
Insurance Agent, 2003 – 2005
MetLife, New York, NY
- Developed marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies selling insurance
- Planned and oversaw the incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company
- Monitored insurance claims to ensure quick settlement
- Explained the features, benefits, and disadvantages of different types of policies to promote the sale of insurance plans
- Made cold calls, followed up company provided leads, and successfully sold insurance plans to clientele
College, New York University, NY
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
1999 – 2003, 3.8 GPA
Regis High School, New York, NY
High School Diploma
1995 – 1999, 3.5 GPA
- Managerial Accounting
- Foundations of Financial Markets
- Information Technology in Business & Society
- Introduction to Marketing
- Management & Organizational Analysis
- Actively involved in charitable organizations including Kiwanis and YMCA
- Married, with three children
- DOB: 12/2/1980
- Hobbies include playing chess, solving puzzles, watching crime investigation shows
Advice for Your Insurance Agent Job Interview
Applying for and getting the job you want will require numerous preparations, one of which is to check out what constitutes a typical Insurance Agent resume sample. Below are the other things you absolutely must do to increase the likelihood of getting hired:
Crush the Competition with a Noteworthy Insurance Agent CV
Ordinary applicants submit generic and dull resumes; extraordinary and brilliant candidates create personalized and attention-grabbing resumes. Do you want to be counted among the top choices? Then, you better be able to produce a splendid CV. There are numerous techniques and tweaks which you can apply to your resume to make it even more amazing than it was before. For starters, you must ensure that the document contains all the pertinent information that your employer needs to make a wise hiring decision – qualifications, education, trainings, and work experiences, including recent additions. Next, you need to seriously think about what the ideal candidate for the position is like. Once you have done this, you can then tweak your resume so that it focuses on the attributes that will make you ideal for the job. Lastly, you need to proofread and review the whole document for any mistake you may have made. With a splendid CV, you are now heads above the generic crowd. If you do not know what to include and not include in your resume, you should look at some of our insurance agent resume templates available on this site.
Gather Information about the Company
Another vital step in your journey towards getting hired is to know all there is about the company you are applying at. It would be great if you already know someone who works for the establishment, like the friend who told you all about the job vacancy or a relative who has been hounding you to apply there since the dawn of time. Employees are the best resources for inside information on what the working conditions are like, what kind of transactions goes on within the walls of the corporation, and even little useful bits about your potential employers. If you do not know anyone on the inside, then you may as well start your search for information online. Professional social media networks like LinkedIn and search engines can be your best friends in the battle for your target job.
Anticipate Success with Smooth and Clever Responses
A great interview does not just happen by accident. It is the result of advance preparation, hard toil, buckets of sweat, and lots and lots of practice. Have someone go through the questions with you so you can come up with smooth and clever responses for the big day. Although interviews are never exactly the same, you will find that some questions are repeated frequently. Below is a list of questions you can practice with:
- What skills do you think a brilliant Insurance Agent should have?
- Do you think a tertiary education is necessary to succeed in the position?
- What can you do to convince a reluctant client that he needs an insurance plan?
- What techniques do you utilize to generate leads other than those provided by the company?
- Have you ever gone beyond the call of duty and shouldered more responsibilities than you were expected to?
Come Prepared with Your Own Questions
Interviewers appreciate it when you have questions of your own to ask. When you proactively seek answers to your questions about the company, your interest and passion for the job show through. If you can’t think of anything off the top of your mind, the following sample questions may inspire you to think of more:
- Is there a set quota of policy plans that have to be sold?
- What support structures are in place for dealing and resolving employee concerns?
- Does the company offer support for continued professional growth?
Show Up with Professional Garb On
Show up at the interview wearing clothing worthy of a responsible, hardworking, and mature professional. Select appropriate pieces from your closet, such as slacks, blouses, business skirts, and suits. Turn a blind eye on anything too casual, too revealing, torn, or ratty-looking.
If this Insurance Agent resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse to some related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips: