Housekeeper resume sample
If you love cleaning and organizing, you might have a great career as a Housekeeper. Hotels and homeowners need good help. How about you? Does your Housekeeper resume need cleaning up and organization?
That’s what we’re here for! Our Housekeeper resume sample will show you how to present your skills and all their shiny details. Don’t think that any resume will do. Hotels have their standards. So do homeowners. How you present your papers will give them an idea of what you can do.
Housekeeper Resume Sample
Monique T. dela Rosa
Address: 14745 SW 63rd Street, 127 Miami, FL
Phone: (305) 772 4474
Email: [email protected]
Current Job: Housekeeper; Pacifica Continental Cruise Lines; Miami, FL
Hard-working, conscientious, and dedicated worker with more than 10 years experience providing top-notch cleaning and maintenance services for private homes, hotels, and cruise liners. I seek to be employed as part of your housekeeping team at Marimar Hotel and Casino. I am a native Spanish speaker but highly-fluent in written and spoken English. I can also speak Portuguese at a conversational level. Furthermore, I have taken certification courses in carpet cleaning, customer relations, and proper sanitation and hygiene procedures.
- 10+ years in housekeeping.
- Experienced in cleaning private homes, hotel rooms, and cruise liner areas.
- Multilingual – Fluent in Spanish and English, conversational Portuguese.
- Certified in carpet cleaning, customer relations, and sanitation/ hygiene procedures.
- Great people skills – Enjoys interacting with guests.
- Excellent communicator.
- Excellent team player – Collaborates very well with the housekeeping team.
- Dedicated – Follows cleaning schedule to the letter.
Housekeeper; January 2018 to June 2018
Pacifica Continental Cruise Lines; Miami, FL.
- Cleaned and maintained up to 20 cabins per day.
- Led a team of housekeeping personnel who were certified and trained in industrial carpet cleaning to keep all carpeted areas clean, dust-free, and elegant.
- Performed washing duties including guest laundry and linens.
- Conducted a weekly inventory of cleaning and janitorial supplies.
- Attended to all cleaning and maintenance concerns of guests.
Housekeeper; 2010 to 2017
Desert Mirage Hotel; Las Vegas, NV.
- Worked with a team of housekeeping personnel to clean and maintain a total of 80 hotels per shift.
- Responsible for mixing and formulating cleaning solutions for carpets.
- Supervised steam cleaning procedures on all carpeted areas of the hotel.
- Provided assistance to the elderly and very young children.
- Greeted hotel guests on every encounter; answered all questions and concerns to the best of my ability.
Housekeeper; 2007 to 2010
Sunset View Residential Inns; Miami, FL.
- Cleaned and maintained a total of 18 rooms per shift.
- Provided assistance in washing guest laundry and linens.
- Worked to ensure dining, reception, and waiting areas were clean, well-maintained, and free of dust.
- Welcomed guests of the hotel.
- Served as informal concierge; provided recommendations on best places to eat and visit.
- Conducted month-end inventory on all cleaning and janitorial supplies.
Miami Northwestern High School
1996 to 2000
- Carpet Cleaning – Jon Don Carpet Cleaning Certification Courses, 2006
- Customer Service – TrainUp, 2006.
Status: Married with 1 child
Date of Birth: 20 September 1983
Hobbies include cooking and pottery.
Housekeeper Skills List
It’s important to have the usual set of abilities in your Housekeeper skills list. For example cleaning, laundry, and ironing. Some employers require more. Hotels need those who can clean carpets and do linens. It’s not just vacuuming carpets. They need someone who can do steam cleaning.
However, it’s not all about the hard skills. People want someone they can trust their home or business with. Homeowners hire housekeepers so they can focus on work and family. Hotels hire housekeepers who can keep guests happy. Like our sample skills list for Housekeeper resume, you need personality.
- Education. Most people become housekeepers to make ends meet. They want to support their families. Rarely will you find someone with a college degree? It will be a plus if you have a high school degree. If not, at least a GED score. It will prove you can read, write, and take instruction.
- Certification. You don’t have to be certified to become a Housekeeper. However, it will boost your resume. What certifications can you get?In our sample resume for Housekeeper, Monique is certified in carpet cleaning and customer service. Other courses could be child care, pet care, and cooking.The idea is to expand your offerings. The more versatile you are, the better your chances of getting hired.
- Special Skills. Being bilingual is a big plus. A hotel prefers those who can speak another language. Monique knows three.How about computers? Will this skill count? Yes, because in hotels you might be asked to use software for attendance or to make reports. Some people use technology around the house.Another big plus is if you can drive. Some days Mom may just want someone to drive her around.
- Cleaning Hacks. Do you know how to remove pet urine from the carpet? How about ketchup stain on a shirt? These are common household problems. Our candidate can imagine her employer yelling, “Mo-nique-eee!!!”You have to know how to troubleshoot spills and stains. You can use chemicals or natural ingredients. Vinegar, baking soda, soda water, and lemon are standard cleansers.
- Great Attitude. This may sound like a blanket term. However, you must have a great attitude to do the dirty work. This includes taking out the trash, cleaning bathrooms, and removing pet waste.The household may ask you to clean grease traps. Not many people have the stomach to do the dirty jobs.
- Pleasant Personality. Homeowners want someone they can work with. The same can be said for the Housekeeper. It’s not unusual to have personality clashes. There are some employers who look down on housekeepers. Same with hotel guests.Through it all, you must remain professional. Smile, remain courteous, and respectful. If the relationship becomes abusive, be ready to leave or report the employer to authorities. Housekeeping is an honorable job. Keep your integrity intact.
Housekeeper Resume Objective
Hard skills are great. However, trust us when we say soft skills matter more. In our Housekeeper resume objective sample, we led off with 3 attributes. These are hard-working, conscientious, and dedicated. This shouldn’t be hard to believe because Monique has more than 10 years experience as a Housekeeper.
You should also review the job post. Find out what specific skills the employer needs. In our objective statement, we indicated Monique is multilingual. We also noted her strong skills like cleaning, maintenance, including carpet cleaning. These hard skills were identified in the job post.
When writing your objective statement, keep it short. Ours may seem long, but it has only 5 sentences. Each sentence has an objective. That objective is to increase her value proposition.
Your value proposition should answer the question, “What can you do for me?”
Housekeeper Resume Format
Experience is a huge plus. Use the reverse chronological for your Housekeeper resume format. This makes it easier for the employer to read your resume. With this format, you start out with your most recent experience. This approach is applied to work experience and education.
Employers prefer this format. It makes it easy to spot the skills needed. They will know right away where your skill level is at.
When using this format, place work experience in the middle. This way, the previous sections can give it more support. Take a look at our sample resume template for Housekeeper:
- Contact Information
- Objective Statement
- Work Experience
- Personal Information
Entry Level Housekeeper Resume
Homeowners are always in need of a good housekeeper. Hotels are constantly hiring. So even with an entry level Housekeeper resume, your chances are good.
Experience is very important. However, if you don’t have it, you can highlight other things on your resume:
- What are your top 3 skills? Indicate them on your resume.
- Are you certified in some skills?
- Were you a self-employed housekeeper? This still counts as experience.
- How about caregiver work?
- Did you work in a restaurant before?
- Were you employed as a service cleaner before?
Many of these skills are related to housekeeping work. Evaluate your experiences and include those that are relevant to the job of a housekeeper.
You should also use the combination format. The resume sample template for Housekeeper will be rearranged this way:
- Contact Information
- Objective Statement
- Work Experience
- Personal Information
Use the combination to share a story. Tell the employer why you decided to become a Housekeeper. Employers love a good story! It will also give them an idea of who you are as a person.
Housekeeper Resume Writing Tips
Think of the resume like your home. It should be organized and orderly. Every detail should be in place. How? Read our Housekeeper resume writing tips:
- Accurate Contact Information – Did you change address? Do you have a new contact number? How about your email? Make sure your contact information is all updated.
- No Errors – Errors in grammar and spelling are inexcusable. Even if you did not finish high school. It could be taken as a red flag. The employer may see that as a sign of how you approach work. Irresponsible. Lack of concern. Don’t take chances. Review your resume before submitting it.
- Avoid Controversy – Yes, people love a good story. However, if you’ve had a controversial past, keep it out. You can discuss that during the interview.
- Cover Letter – Why not? The cover letter is not dead. It makes you look more professional. It will also give you more space to share your story. Use the cover letter to include a few references.
Lastly, do not submit the same resume to all the jobs you will apply for. Also, avoid the temptation of buying a resume form from the bookstore. Use our Housekeeper resume sample. It’s all you need to keep your details in order.
If this housekeeper resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse to some related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips: