Are you in need of a new engineer resume? Great, then take a few minutes to review the engineer resume examples we have written for you below. Remember to read our tips and advice you should consider for the job interview. After reading this article, you will know:
- How to write a professional engineer resume
- What questions your employer might ask during the job interview
Engineer Resume Example
Engr. Johnson Hawkins, MS
Address: 929 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Phone: (215) 733-9788
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Civil Engineer at the Exelon Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
To seek employment as a notable civil engineer where I can expand my skillsets and have an immense impact on the growth of a company.
- Expertise in planning construction projects according to maps and surveys
- Knowledge in soil testing to determine foundation strength prior to construction
- Capacity in assessing the best materials to use for construction projects
- Expertise in calculating the number of laborers and the materials needed for the construction
- Adeptness in using computer programs for the construction of infrastructure, transportation systems and hydraulic systems
- Expertise in monitoring and managing construction sites
- Capability in creating construction documents with fine detail
- Proficiency in taking government regulations, financial costs and environmental hazards into considering when planning a project
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills
Civil Engineer, 2008-present
Exelon Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
- Performs land surveying and mapping
- Determines the proper material (asphalt, concrete or otherwise) to use for certain construction projects
- Applies government laws and considered environmental hazards prior to the start of construction projects
- Performs soil testing to ascertain the foundation strength of a certain construction site
- Manages and oversees construction sites on a daily basis
- Furnishes documents that contain the cost estimate, number of laborers, needed equipment and other data to present to the clients
- Utilizes engineering software in planning structures and buildings
- Drafts reports as needed by the client and other governing bodies
Civil Engineer, 2005-2008
Graymore Group, Philadelphia, PA
- Oversaw several construction projects
- Assisted senior civil engineers in the supervision of infrastructure projects
- Surveyed land to determine the foundation, needed materials and equipment for the project
- Started construction projects that abide by zoning and environmental laws
- Provided a cost estimate and time frame for several projects
- Drafted and presented construction reports containing information on the needed manual labor and equipment
- Used engineering programs in the planning and designing stages of several construction projects
Civil Engineer, 2002-2005
CDI Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
- Assisted the head engineers in land surveying and soil testing
- Assisted the team leaders in managing construction sites
- Utilized engineering design systems for several projects
- Presented documents on the costs, equipment and labor hours needed to clients
- Implemented construction projects without the violation of construction and environmental laws
- Aided in the resolution of certain problems in the construction site
University of Pittsburg, Pittsburgh, PA
Masters of Science In in Civil Engineering
2005-2007, 3.6 GPA
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering, Minor in Structural Engineering
1997-2002, 3.5 GPA
Berks Christian High School, Birdsboro, PA
High School Diploma
1994-1997, 4.0 GPA, Graduated Salutatorian
- Civil Engineering Systems
- Dynamics of Engineering Mechanics
- Statics of Engineering Mechanics
- Materials of Construction
- Mechanics of Solid
- Physics Engineering
- Probability and Statistics
- Numerical Applications to Differential Equations
- Civil Status: Married with two children
- Birthday: August 22, 1976
- Interests: Surfing, watching movies, and playing baseball
Advice for Your Engineer Job Interview
For you to nail your dream engineering job, you need to be equipped with the necessary preparations and the right attitude. Here are some more tips to help you ensure a favorable outcome.
Review the Foundations
Knowledge of the foundations of engineering is vital, especially to most employers. If you have not been able to study the essentials of engineering lately, now is the time to flip the pages of your books and read about the basics once again.
Know More About The Company
“Why do you want to work with us?” That might be the first question the interviewer might ask you. If you are determined to score that engineering job, you need to be able to answer this question articulately. The only way you can do so is to learn more about the construction firm and why you are a vital addition to the workforce.
Formulate an Impressive Engineer Resume
Before you get called in for an interview, the employer will have to review your qualifications, which is where writing a good engineer resume comes into play. Search this site for the best engineer resume samples, customize it, then you are ready to go.
Have your Engineer Resume with you
Prior to the interview, you need to be prepared with everything you need. That includes having your engineer resume completely polished. You can present the copy to the employer prior to the interview, in case he does not have one ready on his desk.
Put on Your Best Business Outfit
An interview is required by the employer to get a good glimpse of you. Make sure you leave a commendable, lasting impression by attending the interview in clean, professional-looking attire.
Rehearse Till You Nail It
As it has been said, practice makes perfect. If you want to get the job you have been eyeing on, then you need to rehearse the possible answers to questions that may pop up during the interview. Here are some queries that you can work on:
- What makes you an asset to our construction firm?
- What projects have you managed as an engineer?
- How do you determine the perfect type of material to use for a certain project?
- How do you resolve the strength of the land foundation?
- Have you worked on projects that utilize earth-friendly materials?
- Are you familiar with “green” engineering procedures?
- Can you construct a good project despite a limited budget?
- How do you make sure that your projects abide by construction laws and environmental regulations?
- What engineering programs can you use with skill and proficiency?
Actions and Words Combined Speak the Loudest
Although ending your interview with a mere handshake or a simple “Thank you” may not be enough to fully guarantee you the job, it will show them how thoughtful you are and how much you value the time and opportunity they have given you—something which the ideal candidate for the position would possess.
If this Engineer resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse to some related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips:
Felix’s work has been appreciated and shared on many well known online publications such as: BusinessInsider, FoxNews, SmartRecruiters, Business.com, Huffpost, ZipRecruiter, SnagAJob and many others.
Felix has extensive experience in human resources, recruitment and online business development. On ResumeOK, he uses his 10+ years of experience in the recruitment industry to provide step by step instructions on how to write solid resumes that will catch the attention of the recruiter.
Over the years, Felix has been responsible for reviewing resumes and conducting job interviews, for his own startups and also for other companies. After going through tens of thousands of resumes, he has learned what makes a resume stand out from the crowd and what are the most common mistakes people make. All the experience and knowledge gained over the years are being used in making ResumeOK the go-to place for finding great resume samples, job interview advice and resume writing tips.
Get in touch with him by email at [email protected] or by using the contact page.