If you need to write a new CV, make sure you check our dentist resume examples we have written for you. You can download and edit according to your experience and profile. We have also written some tips and advice for your job interview.
After reading this article, you will learn:
- How to write a professional dentist CV
- How to approach a dentist job interview
Dentist Resume Samples
Edward Collins, DDS
Address: 7101 Democracy Boulevard Bethesda, MD
Phone: (301) 365-0558
Current job: Dental Doctor and Specialist at the Maryland Dental Center, Silver Spring, MD
To apply my expertise as a dental doctor to the patients in the state of Maryland; to be employed as a senior dental doctor at the respectable Piney Orchard Dental Clinic
- Extensive experience in diagnosing dental problems and conditions
- Expertise in correcting bite problems with use of Orthodontic devices
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting dental X-ray results
- Aptitude in creating dental appliances needed for denture fitting
- Expertise in giving anesthetics to patients prior to dental procedures
- Expertise in teeth whitening using the most recent dental innovations
- Expertise in filling teeth cavities and eliminating decay
- Proficiency in placing teeth sealants
- Expertise in prescribing antibiotics and pain medications to patients who underwent dental procedures
- Dedication to teach patients proper dental hygiene
- Ability to work under pressure
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
Senior Dental Doctor, 2005-Present
Maryland Dental Center, Silver Spring, MD
- Diagnoses dental problems in adult and pediatric patients
- Performs dental prophylaxis (teeth cleaning)
- Mounts Orthodontic braces to correct bite problems
- Performs tooth extractions
- Does cavity filling and applied sealants as needed
- Make root canals in lieu of teeth extractions
- Implements teeth whitening procedures with the latest medications and procedures
- Prescribes medications for patients
- Sets a follow-up appointment on patients who underwent delicate dental procedures
Senior Dental Doctor, 2003-2005
Horizon Family Dental Care, Hanover, MD
- Diagnosed dental conditions in adult and pediatric clients
- Extracted teeth as required
- Performed oral prophylaxis or teeth cleaning
- Done cavity filling and placed sealants as warranted
- Whitened teeth with medications and laser procedures
- Installed Orthodontic braces in patients with bite problems
- Provided anesthesia prior to procedures
- Prescribed pain medications and antibiotics to patients
- Conducted follow-up sessions with patients who underwent dental surgeries
- Instructed patients on proper dental care and regular check-up
Junior Dental Doctor, 2000-2003
Potomac Dental Clinic, Rockville, MD
- Consulted and diagnosed patients with dental problems
- Performed teeth extraction
- Done oral prophylaxis and teeth cleaning
- Performed cavity filling and sealant application
- Anesthetized patients prior to a procedure
- Assisted senior Dental Doctors in delicate surgeries
- Prescribed post-procedure medications for patients
- Followed-up on patients who underwent surgery
- Instructed patients on proper teeth care and the importance of regular dental check-ups
University of Maryland at Baltimore, 1996-2000
Doctor of Dental Surgery, 3.6 GPA
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1992-1996
Bachelor of Science in Biophysics, GPA 3.8
The Catholic High School of Baltimore, 1988-1992
High School Diploma, GPA 3.5
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Oral Anesthesiology
- Oral Anatomy
- Craniofacial Anatomy
- General Biology
- Organic and Inorganic Chemistry
- Civil Status: Married with three children
- Date of Birth: September 22, 1970
- Interests include Basketball, Baseball and Hotrods
Advice for Your Dentist Interview
There are lots of dental doctors out there who are vying for the job you want to have as well. But with a good dentist CV, and by heeding these tips on how to score the perfect interview, you can have the edge over all the aspiring candidates.
Prepare a Well-Written Dentist Resume
As with any other job, the first step is to create an impressive resume. You can find a good dentist resume examples on this site and just modify it according to your personal specifications. It should contain your work experience, education, and other pertinent information about you. Make sure it is free from structural and grammatical inconsistencies.
Know about the Specifics of the Clinic or Hospital
Among the most vital preparations you can make for your interview is to learn about the specifics of the clinic or hospital you wish to be part of. Knowing about its history, services, and goals will come in handy when the employer calls you in for an interview.
While anticipating for a phone or telephone interview, you need to be prepared with what might come ahead. That includes reviewing your Dental Doctor CV and highlighting your strengths as an experienced professional.
Dress and Act Accordingly
First impressions last, so you need to dress accordingly when you are called in for a personal interview. You are applying for a dental doctor position, so sloppy mannerisms and grooming issues are definitely not tolerated.
Simulate a Q&A Session
You can expect a barrage of questions from the employer during the interview. In order to answer with confidence and conviction, you need to practice the questions that the interviewer might ask you. Ask a friend or family member to practice with you. Here are several examples of the questions you may come across:
- Why did you decide to become a dental doctor?
- What is your edge over all the other applicants?
- Enumerate the procedures and treatments you have performed as a dental doctor.
- How do you deal with a rowdy, uncooperative pediatric patient?
- How do you compute the amount of anesthetics a pediatric client needs in a certain dental surgical procedure?
- What Post-dental seminars or lectures have you attended?
Now that you are finished answering the questions, it is time for you to raise your own. Here are some questions you can ask the interviewer.
- What dental surgeries or procedures can I do here? What treatments do I need to perform in a hospital?
- How many patients am I supposed to see every day?
- Is there an employee union here?
- How do you address and manage employee issues?
- What anesthetic agents do you prefer for dental procedures?
- What dental technologies and equipment are available here?
Inquire about Your Status
It takes a week or two before you hear some news about whether you are hired or not. While waiting for your status, you can phone or send an e-mail to the interviewer. The message doesn’t necessarily have to be asking whether you are hired or not, it can include a thank you note and a message of appreciation for the time and opportunity that you have been given.
Need to see more examples to better understand how to write a dentist resume? Here are more resume samples for different job positions that you can use as inspiration.
- Anesthesiologist resume
- Cardiologist resume
- Certified nursing assistant resume (CNA)
- Dental assistant resume
- Dermatologist resume
- Gynecologist resume
- Home health aide resume
- Internal medicine doctor resume
- Medical assistant resume
- Medical assistant resume 2
- Medical nurse resume
- Nursing resume
- Orthopedist resume
- Pediatrician resume
- Pharmacist resume
- Pharmacy assistant resume
- Phlebotomist resume
- Psychiatrist resume
- Psychologist resume
- Radiologist resume
- Registered nurse resume
- Surgeon resume
- Urologist resume
- Veterinary doctor resume
Besides the resume examples, we have prepared several more articles that we recommend reading to increase your chances of getting a better, or your first job:
- How to write a good resume
- 50+ resume summary and objective examples
- List of best skills to put on a resume
- Resume format guide
- How long should a resume be?
- How to find a job fast – even without experience
- 50+ job interview questions and answers
- What is a cover letter?
- When should you send a cover letter with your resume
- How to write a professional cover letter
- 200+ resume samples
- ResumeOK blog