Still, haven’t found good broker resume examples? Take a few minutes to review the ones we have written below. You can download and edit our CV sample and edit according to your experience. Also, remember to read our tips and advice for the job interview.
Broker Resume Sample
Address: 124 4th Avenue, New York, NY
Phone: (212) 475-4977
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Broker at Brookside Mortgage Co
To seek employment as a broker at one of the country’s reputable brokerage firms; to work in a setting that will challenge me to grow as a professional by honing my skills and expanding my store of knowledge
- Praiseworthy record of reaching sale targets and goals
- Wonderful feedback from all clients leading to a higher number of referrals
- Extensive knowledge of regulations, codes, laws, rules, and all matters within the scope of my job
- Excellent ability to work in a team and effectively produce the target team output
- Outstanding presentation and reporting skills with a particular talent for engaging audience interest
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills
- Solid grasp of all clerical and administrative procedures and systems
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- A solid foundation on an extensive experience in the provision of excellent customer service
- Solid knowledge of human psychology and behavior
- Outstanding ability to perform mathematical computations with unerring accuracy
- Proficient in a wide range of computer applications
Mortgage Broker, 2009 – Present
Brookside Mortgage Co, New York, NY
- Responsible for maintaining and updating knowledge of the wide range of products in the mortgage industry
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of all company products and services and compare them with the competition
- Assess and determine client’s individual needs and offer recommendations to the team responsible for creating and developing the company’s products
- Maintain strong ties with existing clients in order to create a solid base of loyal customers
- Develop and nourish relations with peers from all company branches as well as all professional networks to reach target sales objectives
- Recommend the best product plans to clients after a thorough analysis of their unique requirements, monetary status, and fiscal liabilities
- Responsible for accommodating prospective customers and determining the right plan for them after carefully analyzing their ability to repay and the amount that fits their budget
- Accomplish all necessary documentation of company transactions according to the specific dictates and lending procedures of the establishment
Junior Mortgage Loan Development Officer, 2005 – 2009
Brookside Mortgage Co, New York, NY
- Maintained and widened client base with the use of various techniques, including tapping into my own and the company’s different networks
- Advertised and endorsed all the mortgage plans and products of Brookside Mortgage Co.
- Determined client requirements and analyzed the opportunity for sales of each need
- Conducted numerous interviews with the potential and pre-qualified customers
- Endorsed the appropriate mortgage product plan to clients in accordance with their desires and requirements
- Collaborated closely with all clients in the customization of plans in order to reach the target results
Broker Assistant, 2003 – 2005
CSG Investments Inc., Plano, TX
- Maintained and updated records for every transaction made, such as acquisitions, sales, and inflow of cash
- Accomplished and presented a summary of all dealings and transactions for all accounts handled
- Responsible for getting ready all necessary papers and forms
- Communicated with clients and collaborated with colleagues to discuss and resolve all client queries, issues, and other such important matters
- Tasked to prepare the schedules and organize the safe transfer of security certificates to and from the company and clients
- Kept track of day to day changes in stock value and performed computations to assess the necessity for extra collateral to obtain loan approvals
College, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Science in Finance
1999 – 2003, 4.0 GPA
Berkeley High School, Berkeley, CA
High School Diploma
1995 – 1999, 3.5 GPA
- Futures and Options Markets
- Property Investment
- Capital Markets
- Financial Management
- Portfolio Management
- Corporate Governance
- Civil Status: Single
- Date of Birth: 1/29/1981
- Interests: solving mathematical puzzles, reading articles on finance columns, writing tips on saving money
Advice for Your Broker Job Interview
As much as you would want to be able to walk into an interview and ace it without breaking a sweat, it just is not possible without advance preparations. Here are a few things you can do, aside from just checking out Broker resume examples:
Ready Your Custom-Made Broker Resume
Resume templates should only serve as guides in the creation of acceptable curriculum vitae; they should not be copied line per line. In order to impress your future employer, and distinguish your resume from the others in the mountain-like pile on his desk, you will need to tailor your resume in such a way that it focuses on the attributes and qualifications of yours that fit the employer’s description of the perfect man (or woman) for the job. This is where knowledge of the job’s particular description will come in handy. Once you have keyed in the vital components of your resume, it is time to ensure that everything is in perfection. If you are in the habit of shrugging off tiny mistakes on grammar and spelling or any obvious formatting error, you cannot afford to do so this time. Make sure that you proofread the entire document for such blunders.
Study the Company Thoroughly
In addition to preparing your resume, it is also part of your homework to research the establishment of the company. Know everything you can about the company, and if possible, get insider’s information and feedback from someone who already works there. You will want to know what type of working environment exists within the facility, the working conditions, and other pertinent information about the company. If you know beforehand who your interviewer will be, it will also be helpful to inquire about his interview style and personality. If you do not know anyone from the inside, however, your buddies, Google and LinkedIn, can lend a helping hand.
Brainstorm for Smart, Concise Interview Responses
One of the best things you can do to prepare for the interview is to think of answers to key questions in advance. It would even be better if you have someone throw the questions at you in a mock interview, where you will be able to rehearse not just your answers, but also your tone, approach, and body language. Remember to ask for feedback as well, so you will know which areas need to be improved. Below you will find sample questions to get you started:
- As of the moment, what trends in your field can you identify?
- Do you believe the college education is absolutely necessary to succeed in this position?
- How do you balance the need for teamwork and the call for independent efforts?
- What particular advantage do you see in working for this company?
- How will you assure us that you will not be taking off after just a year or two of working at this company?
Know What Questions to Ask
Your interviewer will most probably offer to answer any question you may have about the employment opportunity. You should be aware that questions about salary and benefits, for now, are not advised. Discussion and negotiations on pay should be held off until you get the actual job offer. Try to add more to the list of sample questions below:
- How soon can an employee expect to be promoted to a higher position, given that he has made significant contributions and has the necessary qualifications?
- What type of leadership to the higher ranks of the company practice?
- In general, what kind of clientele does the company usually serve?
Even before you open your mouth and amaze your interviewer with how smart and intelligent you are, the first thing that will be noticed is your appearance. Examine your entire wardrobe and select pieces like slacks, blouses, dress shirts, or suits for the interview. Pay close attention to your grooming on the big day, and remember that professionalism should always be reflected in the outer appearance as well as the inner.
Need to see more resume samples and templates to better understand how to write a Broker resume? Here are more other resume samples for different job positions that you can use as inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips: