Are you trying to find some good bookkeeper resume examples and still haven’t fond some good ones? Great, then it means you have finally arrived to the right place. Bellow, you will find a bookkeeper resume sample that you can download and edit according to your experience and strengths. You can also read some tips and advice for the job interview.
Bookkeeper Resume Example
Address: 32 Spring Street, New York, NY
Phone: (212) 941-7994
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Full Charge Bookkeeper at McGladrey
To secure a position as a Full Charge Bookkeeper in one of the state’s finest established companies and to work in a challenging environment where I can sharpen my mind, hone my skills, and continue growing as a professional.
- Vast experience as a skilled bookkeeper responsible for many accounting functions
- Ability to complete set of financial statements in a timely fashion
- Extremely competent in the maintenance of accurate financial records
- Proficient in numerous accounting software programs (including enterprise level)
- Exceptionally diligent and hardworking
- Possess a solid reputation for confidentiality and integrity
- Proven ability to recognize and resolve discovered discrepancies
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a unique talent for juggling multiple tasks without sacrificing quality of work
- Strong analytical and financial reporting skills
- A proactive approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding attention to details
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and staff payroll
Full Charge Bookkeeper, 2008 – Present
McGladrey, New York, NY
- Perform bookkeeping for all financial transactions
- Complete month end closings in a timely manner
- Prepare and present financial statements
- Manage inventory
- Process employee payroll
- File tax reports
- Assist with budget preparation
Bookkeeper, 2004 – 2008
Citrin Cooperman, New York, NY
- Calculated employee payroll and superannuation
- Managed accounts payable and receivable
- Managed invoices and monthly reports
- Monitored financial transactions and reports
- Provided customer service, in person and by telephone
- Managed office supplies
Bookkeeper, 2000 – 2004
Presti & Naegele, New York, NY
- Responsible for daily entry of accounting transactions
- Prepared and presented financial statements
- Performed reconciliations on bank accounts that consisted of errors
- Produced monthly financial summaries and reports
- Processed monthly payroll with accuracy and integrity
- Ensured compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements
- Maintained fixed asset inventory
Administrative Assistant, 1999 – 2000
Presti & Naegele, New York, NY
- Handled customer service tasks such as meeting and greeting clients
- Handled and processed mail
- In charge of contacting vendors and ordering supplies
- Assisted with promotional materials
- In charge of the petty cash account
- Organized office events
- Assisted with other administrative tasks as directed
College, University at Albany – School of Business, New York
Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
1995 – 1994, 3.8 GPA
High School, Xavier High School, New York
High School Diploma
1990 – 1994, 4.0 GPA
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting Systems For Managerial Decisions
- Financial Accounting Theory I
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Information Systems
- Survey of Taxation
- Income Tax Accounting
- Volunteered at American Red Cross and served various non-profit organizations
- Married, with three children
- DOB: 11/16/1977
- Hobbies include solving math puzzles, reading finance magazines, keeping up with current state affairs
Advice for Your Bookkeeper Job Interview
Acing your job interview will require more than just scouring our resume section for Bookkeeper resume examples, although it helps tremendously. You can be sure that the competition will be fierce, and in order to rise above all of them, you need to pull out all the stops. Here are a few suggestions on how you can improve your chances of getting that position:
Devise a Remarkable Bookkeeper resume
Before you can even think of padding your resume with untruths and fictitious qualifications, restrain yourself. A remarkable resume does not equal a fabricated one. In order to impress your future employers, you only need to highlight your qualifications that are particularly fitted to what they are looking for in their ideal candidate. Bring your resume up to date by entering the latest and most recent additions to your work experiences, education, and training. Aside from this, you will also have to create a document that is totally free of any mistake – be it in grammar, formatting, or spelling. Scan your resume meticulously. Your employers will expect you to be particularly detail-oriented since the position you are applying for greatly requires this attribute. Once you have finalized everything from top to bottom, you can proceed with familiarizing yourself with all the information indicated on your CV.
Be Familiar with the Company You Might be Working For
Imagine applying at a company without even knowing the smallest fact about it. How would you even know if it is legitimate? Of course, the chances of you picking the wrong sort of group to work for are slim to none, but this is just an example of how ignorance can lead to unsavory situations. In any case, it is always beneficial to do a thorough research on your potential employers. What kind of company is it? What sorts of transactions does it handle? What are the responsibilities you will be expected to fulfill if you get the job? These are the least you can find out, and the more you know, the better off you will be.
Show Up Adequately Prepared for the Interview Questions
Just like a stage actor who needs to rehearse his lines for a great performance, you need to practice your responses to the key questions. The best way to go about this is to enlist the help of someone to simulate the interview process with you. If you can’t find any volunteer, you could also make use of a voice recorder, which you can play back to hear yourself. However, unlike a voice recorder, your friend, colleague, and family can provide an objective point of view; they can pinpoint the aspects that need to be improved and are great sources of much-needed support, too. Practice in advance, and see how huge a difference it makes in the actual interview. Here are some key questions you might be asked:
- What characteristics of yours make you suited for the bookkeeping position?
- How would you define an asset as compared to a liability?
- How is customer invoicing related to accounts receivable?
- Compare and contrast a Profit and Loss Account Statement and a Balance Sheet Statement.
- How can you prove your integrity and honesty to this company?
Towards the end of the session, you might be granted some time to pose your own queries. At this time, it is not advisable to discuss benefits, and compensation; you are better off waiting until after you get offered the job. Here are sample questions you can ask instead:
- What support structures exist to promote my professional growth at this company?
- What is the workload like, and what kind of hours will I be working?
- How big is your accounting department?
- How does the company go about addressing employee concerns?
Maintain a Professional Image
Sometimes, it can be easy to lose oneself in the crucial preparations and forget the little things that may make a big difference, such as your interview attire. This serves as your official reminder: plan in advance what you will be wearing. Turn your eyes to the professional-looking items in your closet like blouses, dress shirts, slacks, or suits. You won’t go wrong with these choices.
Need to see more resume samples and templates to better understand how to write a Bookkeeper resume? Here are more other resume samples for different job positions that you can use as inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips: