Are you an online advertising specialist that’s interested to write a resume for applying at a new company? If so, start by focusing on convincing the recruiter that you are the right candidate. In the process, list the most relevant skills and achievements. Bellow, you’ll find an advertising specialist resume example that gives you an idea about what to put in the objective, skills, duties and responsibilities.
Advertising Specialist Resume Sample
Andrea J. Smith
Address: 720 N FM 1611, Snyder, TX 79549
Phone: (325) 573-1244
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Freelance Online Advertising Specialist
To gain greater exposure in and understanding of the online advertising industry and to become a part of a highly respected online advertising agency.
- Knowledge in SEO marketing
- Proficiency in social media marketing
- Well-versed in the standards of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- Training in email marketing strategies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop which is essential in web banner design
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work for long hours
- Good organizing and prioritizing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge in basic statistical analysis using Stata
- Can analyze large datasets
- Good web research abilities
- A great eye for details
- Hardworking and dedicated to work
- Willingness to travel outside the country
- Experience in Internet Ad Sales
Freelance Online Advertising Specialist, 2016-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell services to various clients directly and through advertising firms
- Discuss with client the theme and methods of the online advertisement
- Conduct research about the advertisement theme and get the trends and other data that can be used as bases in developing the best ad campaign for the products
- Present ideas to clients and get their feedback
- Develop advertisement units or campaigns in various formats for approval by the client
- Write articles, email messages, and other means of promotional materials
- Adjust the tone of the ad messages depending on the product type
- Coordinate with publishing houses, broadcast and internet media for the promotion of the products
- Work with the client’s creative staff to develop ad campaigns that appeal best to their customers
- Write slogans for brochures, flyers, and other promotional materials
- In coordination with the client, conduct research to determine the main selling points of the product
Advertising Account Manager, 2013-2016
College Humor, NYC, NY
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handled CPM ad contracts on site
- Helped develop platform to streamline ad orders
- Assisted content team in creating viral content
Online Marketing Manager, 2010-2013
Heavy.com, NYC, NY
Duties and Responsibilities
- Created email marketing ad campaigns; ensure that marketing message is clearly stated
- Researched or developed relevant graphics that goes with the message
- Sent email messages to those in emailing list
- Created and maintained email databases
- Conducted recruitment or collection of email addresses for inclusion into the existing database
- Ensured that email messages are mobile-friendly
- Analyzed direct and interactive email marketing campaigns
- Placed product orders
- Analyzed statistically the campaign’s performance and provide reports on this
College, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
Bachelors in Business Administration
2006-2010, 3.2 GPA
Westlake High School
High School Diploma
2002-2006, 3.6 GPA
- Online Email Marketing Course
- SEOMoz Online Marketing Course
- Hubspot Online Marketing Course
- Google Adwords Certified
- Basic Flash Course
Online Advertising Specialist Job Interview
You are probably an expert already in job interviews and you know it is something that should not be taken for granted. Nonetheless, it pays to still study interview techniques and create a checklist, so you won’t miss anything. Here is a set of tips intended to give you better chances of getting that staff job you want.
Write a good Online Advertising Specialist resume
A well thought out resume speaks highly for you. Highlight your skills and knowledge that are most relevant to the company. Remember, you cannot anticipate any call for interview if you do not work on producing an effective resume. Employers seek those with skills they can utilize and those whose aspirations match theirs. Hence, ensure that your objectives are geared towards the same direction the company is taking.
Even huge people come to their meeting on time. This is the secret to their success. No matter how good you are if you cannot deliver or arrive on time, you will encounter troubles. Ensure that you provide an allowance on your travel to your interview. There can be things or events that are difficult to anticipate. So, make sure you have already planned these beforehand.
Study the Company’s Key Points
Study the advertising company’s main strengths and weaknesses, if any. Analyze how you can be of great use to the company. Think of the best skills you have and try to put yourself such that you fit into a puzzle. If you have been using a particular model which you yourself have devised, now is the time to share it. This shows how genuinely you want to impart yourself with the company.
Common job interview questions for Advertising Specialists
Rehearse how you are going to deliver your answers to the interviewer’s questions. There may be so many things that you want to share, so to avoid lengthy discussions, plan out your answers effectively. Here are some of the possible questions that you might encounter.
- Among the many applicants that we have for this position, why should we choose you?
- What do you think is the most important metric in judging the success of a CPM campaign?
- What types of products and services have you advertised before?
- What skill or ability do you have that best matches our needs?
- How far are you willing to go to provide excellent services to clients?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge in the career of an online advertising specialist?
- How do you keep yourself updated with new developments in online advertising techniques?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- If we are unable to hire you for a staff post, would you be willing to work for us freelance?
- What are you plans for the next three to five years? Would you still do the same job?
As soon as they are done asking questions, it is time for you to do the same to them. Ask insightful questions to avoid being lumped with the rest of the applicants. Here are some questions you can ask:
- What networks do you buy media through?
- What is the expected growth rate of this company and where does the company expect to be in five years?
- Do you do international traffic?
- Are there performance incentives to motivate employees?
Your Overall Personality Is an Important Criterion
Your overall look and the way you carry yourself reflect that you care about people’s perception of you. Having such principle is critical to the industry of advertising and marketing. It shows that you are truly into your game. Just do not forget that you have to wear something not too stiff for easier movement and a more confident composure. In your conversation with the interviewer, be smart but be sensitive not to appear very boastful and all knowing. Provide a rundown of your achievements in a practical and detailed way, citing examples and scenarios. Through this way, you can be more convincing.Last Updated on by