Learn how to write a professional sales consultant resume. At the bottom of the page you can read some tips for the job interview and how is the best way to approach it.
Sales Consultant Resume Example
Address: 185 Henry Street, Hempstead, New York, NY
Phone: (516) 280-8226
Email: [email protected]
Current job: Sales Consultant at JMD Electronics
To provide the best sales consultancy services for one of the country’s foremost corporations today and to pursue my career by working in a highly challenging work setting where my skills and knowledge will be put to test.
- Excellent ability to analyze and solve problems
- Highly skilled and well organized in providing customer service, order processing, and cashier management
- Possess an active, energetic, and responsible personality
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of MS word, MS access, Power Point and other computer applications
- Innovative, resourceful, and proactive
- Unique ability to convince and influence
- Effective networking techniques and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience in product promotion, hence, ability to increase firm’s profitability
- Sound expertise in sales, business development processes, and marketing
- Know-how ability to demonstrate, promote, and sell
- Highly driven and motivated, capable of working in a team or individually
Sales Consultant, 2008 – Present
JMD Electronics, Hempstead, New York, NY
- Conduct market research and prepare or update sales strategy for promoting products according to latest market status/trend and product features
- Evaluate the market needs to exploit potential demands, and identify new sales channels to improve and meet the company’s sales agenda
- Maintain close working relationship with both existing and new customers
- Maintain customer interaction database
- Monitor sales targets and motivate sales teams to achieve the company goals
- Innovate new sales tools and marketing techniques to increase the sales objectives of products
- Represent the firm in road shows, exhibition, presentations, and meetings
- Monitor customer satisfaction ,address issues, and provide solutions
- Work with management to develop sales strategy and lead programs based on customer feedback and company vision
Sales Consultant, 2005 – 2008
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc., New York, NY
- Created and implemented marketing campaigns and sales strategies aimed at driving sales, raising brand awareness via all mediums, and increasing client retention
- Analyzed and assessed company’s critical needs to develop, market, and position products and services
- Provided continuous assessment of key markets, territories, and potential clients, while providing oversight and guidance during team sales meetings
- Addressed key client queries and resolved them in an expedited manner
- Acted as a liaison between multiple parties inside and outside of organization
- Identified and utilized sales talent among team members
Sales Associate, 2004 – 2005
Nordstrom Rack Union Square, New York, NY
- Kept track of special orders, damaged products, and buy-backs
- Responsible for the general promotion of the products and sold all the products of the store
- Handled customer queries and complaints about the products and resolved them
- Managed sales, maintenance, and customer service
College, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
2000 – 2004, 3.4 GPA
Cardinal Dougherty High School, Philadelphia, PA
High School Diploma
1996 – 2000, 3.8 GPA
- Financial management
- Management Information Systems
- Operations management
- Civil Status: Married, with three children
- Date of Birth: 2/10/1982
- Hobbies include playing chess, watching investigative shows, and playing tennis
Advice for Your Sales Consultant Job Interview
Examine all successful job interviews, and you will find one common factor – adequate preparation days before. More than likely, those triumphant candidates not only looked for great sales consultant resume templates to model theirs after, they also took these extra steps:
Create a Customized Sales Consultant resume
Employers receive tens or hundreds of cookie-cutter resumes from ordinary candidates on any given day. Do you think recruiters will notice yours if it is in no way different from those generic applications? The answer is a resounding “No.” Thus, it is essential to personalize your resume. Tailor it in a way that will put a spotlight on the qualifications that will lead employers to conclude that you are the best candidate for the position. Update your resume with the latest trainings you underwent, the details of your most recent work experience, and any other addition to your list of skills and qualifications. Once everything is complete, review the entire document and keep an eye out for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and formatting inconsistencies.
Make Good Use of Your Contacts
Researching the company you might be working for can be as easy as surfing the web for the information. By just entering a keyword on search engines like Google, you will be able to generate facts and data about the establishment. However, there are other equally useful resources you may want to tap. Your network of contacts is one of these resources. Who else can give you better advice on how to ace the interview than someone who already went through the same process at the same company? An employee will not only be able to advise you on what to do, but also give you insider’s information on the establishment itself. Now, that is called thorough research!
Respond Smartly to Interview Questions
Wonder how some people seem to respond to interview questions so smoothly and smartly? There is no secret to it; it is a matter of practice! Recruit someone to help you practice for the most common interview questions, and ask for his opinion on which areas (tone, body language, approach, etc.) require more work. Here are some common questions you can start practicing with:
- Describe the biggest account you have ever handled in your entire career.
- What techniques do you utilize to close deals?
- Compare your understanding of this company’s sale cycle with that of your previous companies.
- What new markets do you suggest the company take on, and how will you have the company develop these markets?
- How do you handle the extremely problematic members of your team?
- Have you ever achieved an objective using a method different from company policy?
- How can you convert a buyer into a regular client?
Avoid Discussing Salary during the Initial Interview
This is a common mistake among applicants, and one that should be avoided if you do not want to be viewed as presumptuous or pompous. Questions about pay and benefits are better set aside until you are offered the job. Instead, you can ask the following sample questions:
- Will there be plenty of opportunity for professional growth in the company?
- Does the company support and promote the continuing education of its sales employees, such as seminars and trade shows?
- Is it possible to be promoted to a higher position in as soon as two to three years?
- How does the company guarantee high levels of employee performance?
Be Professionally Dressed
Showing up at the interview wearing an outfit that speaks of professionalism is one of the easiest ways to improve your chances. At the very least, dressing in a suit, slacks, blouse, or dress shirt won’t hurt, while putting on too casual clothes may just be your downfall. To augment your professional aura, remember to be courteous and thank the company for the opportunity to apply.
If this Sales Consultant resume example wasn’t sufficient for you, you are free to review some other samples and templates from our site. Browse to some related resumes below and find your inspiration.
Besides the resumes listed above, we recommend going through the following resume writing and job seeking tips:
Felix’s work has been appreciated and shared on many well known online publications such as: BusinessInsider, FoxNews, SmartRecruiters, Business.com, Huffpost, ZipRecruiter, SnagAJob and many others.
Felix has extensive experience in human resources, recruitment and online business development. On ResumeOK, he uses his 10+ years of experience in the recruitment industry to provide step by step instructions on how to write solid resumes that will catch the attention of the recruiter.
Over the years, Felix has been responsible for reviewing resumes and conducting job interviews, for his own startups and also for other companies. After going through tens of thousands of resumes, he has learned what makes a resume stand out from the crowd and what are the most common mistakes people make. All the experience and knowledge gained over the years are being used in making ResumeOK the go-to place for finding great resume samples, job interview advice and resume writing tips.
Get in touch with him by email at [email protected] or by using the contact page.