Electrician Resume Sample
In electricity, opposite charges attract each other; a positive charge attracts a negative charge. While this is true in electricity, this is not the case when you are applying for a job as an Electrician. You would want to submit a resume that would attract the attention of the employer. Our Electrician resume sample has all the positive details to get a positive response from the recruiter.
You’ll find sections about:
- What to write in an Electrician Resume objective
- What to write in an Electrician resume skills
- The things to write and avoid in an Electrician experience section
Electricians are the people who “work behind the scenes”. We don’t see them but we know they’re always at work when we have regular power to help us through our daily lives. There are many types of electricians and types of jobs for electricians. You can be a Master Electrician, Residential Electrician or a Commercial Electrician. You can practice your profession as an electrician, a consultant or a teacher. Thus, when writing your Electrician resume make sure it addresses the specific needs of your potential employer.
Electrician Resume Sample
Stephen L. James
Address: 2323 10th St., Akron, Ohio
Phone: (216) 568-7859
Current job: Master Electrician at TL Smith Property Developers
To manage, oversee and ensure the safety, efficiency and integrity of the electrical systems on all projects undertaken by the Company.
- 10 years experience as Master Electrician
- Certified; licensed Master Electrician
- Work experience in the Middle East
- Experience includes work as a Residential and Commercial Electrician
- Background managing various electrical systems and frameworks
- Background in computer design/ programming
- Experienced in dealing with people in the value chain
- Experienced working with teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Goal – oriented
- Highly organized
Master Electrician 2010 to Present
TL Smith Property Developers
- Assembles, installs and tests electrical systems
- Oversees and manages working condition of electrical systems
- Diagnoses and creates reports on malfunctioning systems, apparatus and related components
- Regularly inspects equipment for potential hazards, defects and needs for repair
- Reviews the proposed electrical systems of tenants and conduct required tests
- Works and coordinates with electrical teams and consultants of clients
- Takes responsibility with the planning and review of all submitted electrical lay outs and schematic diagrams
- Prepares all the necessary reports and maintains documentation on all electrical projects and undertakings
- Trains and orients new commercial and residential electricians
- Creates or authors manuals on electrical safety and maintenance
- Liaisons with city government electrical engineers to ensure strict compliances are met
Master Electrician, 2006 to 2010
Altius Development Corporation, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Conducts inspections in the various electrical systems
- Oversees and manages all electrical systems
- Reviews all electrical plans, lay outs prior to installation
- Leads team to conduct testing on all electrical layouts
- Creates blueprints and other drawings that pertain to location of wiring and equipment
- Liaisons with city engineers to ensure strict compliance to all set guidelines
- Coordinates with city engineers, 3rd party engineers for all site inspections
- Trains new residential and commercial engineers
- Authors and updates company manual on safety and maintenance procedures
Master Electrician, 2003 to 2006
Seven Sierra Property Development and Construction Company,
- Routinely inspects all electrical systems
- Works with the electrical teams and consultants of tenants and clients
- Installs ground leads and connects power cables to equipment
- Tasked to handle certain machinery and tools such as oscilloscopes, ammeters and test lamps
- Tasked to handle repairs and replacement of electrical wirings
- Constructs and fabricates certain parts by using the correct tools and machinery
- Provides assistance during emergencies such as operating flood lights and generators
Electrician Apprenticeship Program
Ohio JATC Training Center
1999 – 2003
Certified, Master Electrician
Garfield High School
High School Diploma
1995 – 1999, 3.5 GPA
- Certification, Master Electrician 2003
- Certification, AutoCAD
- Certification, SolidWorks
- Certification, Python
- Certification. C+ Programming
- MS Office
- Married, 2 children
- DOB 05/09/82
- Hobbies include running, travel, cooking
What to Write in an Electrician Resume Objective
As stated earlier, there are different types of electricians and types of jobs for electricians. When writing your Electrician resume objective, state clearly the strengths that you can offer the potential employer. This means you should have an idea of what the job opening entails; the type of electrician the company needs and why they need an electrician.
Therefore it should be worth time to research on the company and its present endeavors. Find out their latest projects and plans for the future. If the company is involved in large scale development projects, highlight your skill in overseeing complex electrical systems. The objective should state clearly why you are the ideal candidate for the job as the electrician and most importantly, why you want this job.
What to Write in Electrician Resume Skills Section
Recruiters will not have time to thoroughly review your resume. Many experienced recruiters, even direct employers, simply scan the resume and use keywords to indicate ideal job qualifications.
As an electrician, you should highlight your strengths and the basic qualifications for the job. These include the following:
- Certification. If you want to stay ahead of the pack, you must be a certified electrician. Certification confirms that you went through a minimum 4-year apprenticeship course as an Electrician in an accredited and recognized institution.
- Specifics. If your certification is Master Electrician, state this information right away. Include details also on specific work that you were regularly tasked to perform as Master Electrician. This should include working with certain tools or equipment; installing lines, cables, preparing diagrams and inspecting the electrical lay outs of various sites.
- Technical Competence. Electrical work requires familiarity with various electrical frameworks. Indicate the types of electrical systems that you have worked with. Include your background in any software programs that are related to your work as an Electrician. Quickbooks and WinTac have programs for electrical contractors.
- People-Skills. Even a job as technical as an electrician’s requires people- skills because you are constantly working and communicating with people from different disciplines or departments. You should show that you are a team player; you can coordinate your work with theirs so that the time table and interest of the company are never compromised.
- Problem-Solving Skills. Electrical systems may frequently breakdown and this will lead to serious problems for the company. If the system has been incapacitated for a long time, the company could lose money in foregone revenues. Thus, you should indicate that you have the ability to maintain composure, address the situation and arrive at a solution within a realistic time frame.
- Basic Skills. Regardless of the type of electrician you are, you should have a solid background on the basic skills needed for the job. These include: troubleshooting, repairs, critical thinking and preparing drawings and schematic diagrams.
Highlight your skills in terms of importance. For example, you can indicate specialized skills which required additional investment in training or which represented the greater part of your tenure as an Electrician. Then work down to your basic and fundamental skill sets.
What to Write and Not to Write in the Electrician Resume Experience Section
In writing your Electrician resume experience, only include work or projects of which you received compensation and always start with your recent or current employment.
These are the details which you should always include in the Electrician resume experience section:
- Your Designation
- Name of Employer or Project Title
- Inclusive Years of Employment
- Address of Employer
- Bullet list or summary of responsibilities
You can include citations, promotions or awards given to you for your work or accomplishments as an Electrician for the company.
Highlight your specific contributions to your current employer. This is very important especially if your experience is strongly related to the job requirement of the potential new employer. When citing contributions include the details such as:
- Name of Project
- Commencement Date
- Stated Project Objectives
- Statistics and Other Relevant Figures
- Personalities Involved
- Ending Date of Project
- Final Result/ Grading on Project
- Net Results/ Outcomes for Completion of Project
You do not have to include all of these details but it is important that the recruiter gets a clear picture of your contributions to the success of your current or previous employer.
When writing your Electrician resume experience, you do not have to include the unpaid work or projects. Unpaid work may be related to your apprenticeship course which should be covered by the fact you have been certified. If there are projects which you feel were significant to your development as an Electrician but were not paid for it, indicate it in another section such as “Certification” or “Courses”.
Our Electrician resume sample incorporates all the ideas and suggestions that have been discussed in this article. We hope that our sections on how to write your Electrician resume objective, Electrician resume skills section and our what to write and what not to write in your Electrician resume have been valuable in giving you ideas on how to craft your own resume.
If this architect resume was helpful, you might also be interested in checking these free resume samples:
- Aerospace engineer resume
- Agricultural engineer resume
- Architect engineer resume
- Automotive engineer resume
- Biochemist resume
- Chemical engineering resume
- Electrical Engineer resume
- Engineer resume
- Industrial engineer resume
- Mechanical engineer resume
- Mining engineer resume
- Nuclear engineer resume
- Petroleum Engineer resume
- Production engineer resume
- Engineering resume
- Electrician resume